No spark?!

sweetpotato650

XS650 Member
Reaction score
So was heading out on a ride today, had it all packed with camping gear for the weekend. Anyways usually the bike starts up first kick. I had to give it 5 or so kicks before it started up. Rode it to the next town over about 45min away and pulled over to grab some water and food. Got out and then the bike wont kick over. Lights were strong so the battery seamed good, pulled a plug out and put it up to a bolt and I was getting no spark when kicking(kinda hard to see while your kicking but Im pretty sure). So now got home and charged the battery and kicked and got nothing.
Just wondering what I should be checking, Im suspecting ignition is maybe shot. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance for any help. Here's a picture of the bike all loaded up.

87b8573e.jpg

you have a lot of gear wrapped on there could you have possibly snagged a connection with a strap or bag?

Yup, exactly what happened. I have my kill switch on the top headlight. Guess I knocked it off when I was putting water in that bag. Man don't I feel like an idiot!

Back