No spark

TGOOD

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've replaced everything with my ignition besides the rectifier . Still no spark to the plugs . I've rigged up a tester so that I have constant ground to plug and wire (see photo attached). I noticed that I'm getting speak to the plug when I turn key on and off. Any thoughts ?????

Attachments

• 15421377278361044235212.jpg
    15421377278361044235212.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 148
Rectifier is part of the charging system. Has nothing to do with iggy (ignition). A good place to start would be telling us what bike you have and what type of iggy system you have installed in it. Until we know what we're dealing with... we're clueless.

Bike is custom , 79-80 motor and tci ignition .

Attachments

• 1542138944370656303302.jpg
    1542138944370656303302.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 152
OK... TCI. The Yamaha manual has a troubleshooting section for TCI... starts on page 170 in my book. A good start would be to follow the troubleshooting guide, report back the results and we can go from there.

Ok... here's one for you my brother's .Only getting spark for two maybe three revaluations !!! And still with cycling key to off position .Note this bike is really nothing I can fully go off if factory manual. All I have is knuckle buster manual . I know not many of u like seeing a chopped and bobbed bike like mine but it's my baby girl .And I love it .lol. Just need a direction .Been through the bike multiple times, think I'm overlooking something.

Yes sir I do ! Bike has no factory wire colors .I paid $1000 for bike 3yrs ago .spent $600 and six months redoing and rewired the whole bike. Run great for 2 & a half yrs .I'm talking one kick good .then nothing... Replaced everything in the whole ignition. IncliIncl battery . What am I missing . This was bike when I got it.
FB_IMG_1519021324416.jpg

Yes sir I do. Bike has no factory wires. Redone bike and redone whole wire harness. Ran fine for yrs. Then nothing, replaced everything, even the battery. Know I'm overlooking something .I live in Florida, need to be riding !!!!!!

Replaced everything in the whole ignition.
OK, by that do you mean you replaced the TCI box, the TCI trigger coils, ignition coils, coil wires and caps, and plugs?
It'd be easier if you listed out (preferably in order) exactly what you have done and then maybe we can point you in the right direction.

Yes sir , have knuckle buster manual . I've redone everything including wiring .ran great for 2-3 yrs . Then nothing, think I'm overlooking something .

Yes.. all of that .as far as I know , I only have one tci trigger witch has two pickups that hit the one magnite on rotor. ??

Did not replace trigger .Could not find one .new stator housing from Mike's don't even come with one. Have to reuse your current one .

Absolutely not .... We are talking about this correct??
Yeah... that's it. Why "absolutely not?" How do you know it's good if you didn't ohm it out?

Back