Polishing test. Do you see what I see.

CalsXS2

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
We'll call it an eye test too. :laugh: You guys really seem to pic up on things in pictures like crazy.

So I want to see if you see the same test results that I see. I know it's hard to see in the pictures. But once I point it out, you'll be able to. The blurry picture actually shows it better. And the camera flash isn't effecting anything either.

I'm not going to tell you where I polished, or with what. Or even good or bad results. Lets find out if "YOU SEE IT". :wink2:

Attachments

• FORK LOWER 003.jpg
    FORK LOWER 003.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 171
  • FORK LOWER 011.jpg
    FORK LOWER 011.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 157
Is that upper caliper mount ear bent back a little? Is the fork lower crushed at that point? Does the tube slide okay in there?

LOL! :laugh:

We're looking for polishing results...... On the fork lower.

You fail the eye test. :D

Come on Calvin, at least take them (the pics) from the same angle.
Same lower, top half and bottom half BUT the top half picture was taken from the rear of the shock the bottom half from the front. You have the bottom to a mirror finish, the top just really shinny. The fade between the two starts above the caliper top bolt?
Was this done with the bristle disc's?

ps put your shirt back on we can see yo belly hanging out.

Attachments

• FORK LOWER 011.jpg
    FORK LOWER 011.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 99
Come on Calvin, at least take them (the pics) from the same angle.
Same lower, top half and bottom half BUT the top half picture was taken from the rear of the shock the bottom half from the front. You have the bottom to a mirror finish, the top just really shinny. The fade between the two starts above the caliper top bolt?
Was this done with the bristle disc's?

ps put your shirt back on we can see yo belly hanging out.

S.O.B.,,,,, I knew you guys were good. :thumbsup:

Well Dan. You got what I was trying to point out. Except that aint my beer gut. Don't have one anymore thank you. :D

So here's what I done.

1. Skipped all the sanding, disco wheels, or any sanding of the sort. My shoulder is too bad for that.

2. Hit it with black rouge on a siscal wheel.

3. Hit it with the white rouge on a fluffy pad.

4. Said damn,,, "Good enough for me" with the results. Not the perfect mirror finish that some guys are after. But good enough for the girls I date.

5. Now I may get run off the site for this one. Went to protect the shine. I used Blue Magic on the top. I could instantly see that it dulled it down. Thought maybe I didn't let it dry long enough and did it again. Same result. Well that just blows.

Maybe I did it wrong. "Wax on. Wax off". :D

I did the different camera angles so you could see the dullness.

BTW.

I think it's the silicone protection that it leaves behind that's causing the dulling. I just hope I can straighten it out with something else.

I tried blue magic. Its ok. But yeh i agree it seems to cloud. Try Mothers Billet Polish for a final pass.... I swear by it, and it seems to protect the finish. Gives a really deep shine.

A medium Roloc disc will quickly remove any nicks or gouges along with the casting ridges on the tabs.

I think we have telling you guys to go right for the black bars and sisal for the last two years and use the Roloc discs like 5twins says.

Back