Post a Photo of your Dog

I’m trying to build my confidence in the new bike. Right now, I’m not going far from home.
IMG_2441.jpeg

IMG_2443.jpeg

It was a cloudy blustery afternoon in the Northern Catskill Mountain Park area today, but at about 4:00 the sky cleared and everything became calm. I stumbled upon this nice barn on Flat Creek Rd in Conesville.
The '82 is my XS that is a dedicated rider only for Catskill rides.

FlatCreek3.jpg

It had been an uneventful day so far.....

But then only a few yards away from this scene I saw a racoon or some sort of varmint slowly crossing the road ahead.

Damn! It's an enormous turtle!

FlatCreek1.jpg

It pulled its head in as I approached.... What the heck is it?

FlatCreek2.jpg

Snapping turtle?

So, I wished him well on his trip across the road, and headed down Flat Creek, only to encounter a large pine tree in the middle of the road, on fire (!). It had fallen on power lines which were all over the place and the narrow road was almost blocked. I managed to find a path through with the XS.

Didn't think to take a picture, but when I got home I figured this was NEWS for the tiny town of Conesville;

yup

FlatCreek4.jpg

My favorite bike adventure is to head out into the countryside and find an undiscovered sidestreet. Today it was Tracey Rd in the town Pompey, village of Delphi Falls, and I actually found a barn I haven't seen before!

Barn.pic75.jpg

After 5 years of ownership, and at times sidelined due to other projects taking the front stage, I am pleased to say that the '75 is running perfectly.

Barnpic2.jpg

It was a cloudy blustery afternoon in the Northern Catskill Mountain Park area today, but at about 4:00 the sky cleared and everything became calm. I stumbled upon this nice barn on Flat Creek Rd in Conesville.
The '82 is my XS that is a dedicated rider only for Catskill rides.

View attachment 240693

It had been an uneventful day so far.....

But then only a few yards away from this scene I saw a racoon or some sort of varmint slowly crossing the road ahead.

Damn! It's an enormous turtle!

View attachment 240696

It pulled its head in as I approached.... What the heck is it?

View attachment 240697

Snapping turtle?

So, I wished him well on his trip across the road, and headed down Flat Creek, only to encounter a large pine tree in the middle of the road, on fire (!). It had fallen on power lines which were all over the place and the narrow road was almost blocked. I managed to find a path through with the XS.

Didn't think to take a picture, but when I got home I figured this was NEWS for the tiny town of Conesville;

yup

View attachment 240698
Yeah, that's a snapper. They've got one of the most powerful bites in the world, take your finger clean off. You have to ask yourself one question, Do I feel lucky. Well, do ya' punk?

My favorite bike adventure is to head out into the countryside and find an undiscovered sidestreet. Today it was Tracey Rd in the town Pompey, village of Delphi Falls, and I actually found a barn I haven't seen before!

View attachment 242600

After 5 years of ownership, and at times sidelined due to other projects taking the front stage, I am pleased to say that the '75 is running perfectly.

View attachment 242601

Beautiful Photos ( as usual ) Jeff! 😃 I especially like that big painted mural on the barn, it looks like a patch from a quilt.

Beautiful Photos ( as usual ) Jeff! 😃 I especially like that big painted mural on the barn, it looks like a patch from a quilt.
Yes, you got it just right, Bob!

The quilt art thing has become really big in this area:

https://www.visitstlc.com/barn-quilt-trails/

1683771364765.png

Colton's Barn Quilt Trail​

As part of the collaborative project 'Art Around Town' between the town of Colton and the Colton-Pierrepont Central School Art Department, barn quilts started being displayed publicly and privately around Colton, New York. The Colton Barn Quilt Trail quickly exceeded the town's original goals and over 70 barn quilts have been installed since 2015, truly capturing the heritage and beauty of the local area within their prints for visitors to explore. To see a list with locations of all of the barn quilts on display in Colton click here. To view a map to help you plan a driving or biking tour of the trail click here.

1683771419998.png

Yes, you got it just right, Bob!

The quilt art thing has become really big in this area:

https://www.visitstlc.com/barn-quilt-trails/

View attachment 242605

Colton's Barn Quilt Trail​

As part of the collaborative project 'Art Around Town' between the town of Colton and the Colton-Pierrepont Central School Art Department, barn quilts started being displayed publicly and privately around Colton, New York. The Colton Barn Quilt Trail quickly exceeded the town's original goals and over 70 barn quilts have been installed since 2015, truly capturing the heritage and beauty of the local area within their prints for visitors to explore. To see a list with locations of all of the barn quilts on display in Colton click here. To view a map to help you plan a driving or biking tour of the trail click here.

View attachment 242606

That’s very interesting! I’ll bet that would be a beautiful drive! 🙂

Back