previous owners... they're smart.

shotgunjoe

XS650 Hunter
Reaction score
So I decided to try out the Bub exhaust I'm selling... They had some fairly new looking gaskets on them, so I had to dig out the old gaskets that were installed into the head on my motor to do it. After pulling out the first gasket, it looked like there was still one in the port... sure enough there was. So for whatever reason the PO put 2 in there, or failed to remove the old one when installing the aftermarket exhaust that came with my bike.

PO's never cease to amaze me. At least the Bub pipes sound good... I'll cruise around with them and see if I want to keep them. WAY quieter than open headers. :laughing:

The PO of mine used a beer bottle cap over the axle nut where the codder pin should be on the rear axle... not sure how well that would have held it but ingunuity at its finest!

Bought a bike in a dark parking lot one night, drove it home 70 miles. In the morning while looking over my prize I found the PO had attempted to grease the brake bleeders! (looked like zirks to him I guess)

the P O of my bike discoverd the foot feg nuts had viabrated off so arc welded some washers on used the left engine cover to get the ark started very messy but it got him home

I bought a Honda 750 chopper. I mean this bike was chopped. I started grinding around the neck, as there were some cracks visible. The PO/builder had cut the down tubes, and LEFT THEM TO HANG, then bondo-ed the whole neck area with 2-3 inches of mud.....He did a nice moulding job, painted it, AND RODE IT THAT WAY, until it dropped a valve. I bought the bike as parts for $150. Was curious about the bondo cracks, and startred grinding. Geeze....:doh::doh::wtf::wtf:

Back