Programmable advance TCI Replacement

Kinda - same exercise - pic shows external raised trigger plate (ala VAPE, et al) that corresponds to our disc magnet. It asks us to enter the position of the pickup first.

Then the next values are degrees of timing advance @ certain rpm's.
RPMADVANCE
0-5005
501-120013
1201-250015
2501-400034
4001-900038

What value did you settle on for pickup location and, any issues accessing setup mode wirelessly? The unit I bought is in NY, so should have it in the next few days.

20220822_173212.jpg

Yea, sorry about the video - newb. It ain't right yet, appears to be too retarded. Runs rough. I'm questioning my entry (45*) on the p/u position.

Pic is list of advance settings @ rpm's

The other semi-unknown is that that's a rotor from New Hampshire - installed ~700mi ago. I do have one backup OEM and another on the way from you (Jim).

It ain't right yet, appears to be too retarded. Runs rough. I'm questioning my entry (45*) on the p/u position.
Re-map it for 50° and see if you get a corresponding +5° on the T-light?

50* took it more retarded, set it at 40* too advanced. Reset some advance values in attempt to simplify (perhaps a little cocky on # of points). Now gonna paint a better mark on the rotor so I can SEE the damn thing better🧐

Please look over these values - dwell, etc at bottom included :umm:

chrome_screenshot_1661208382245.png
chrome_screenshot_1661207467586.png

50* took it more retarded, set it at 40* too advanced.
Yeah, my bad... I went the wrong way. Can you go back to 45° and change (select) the advance you want at idle... then just modify he curve from there?

Well, at least we know it works! Woo hoo! Looking over the settings you have and comparing it to the setup guide, I'm wondering if the pickup polarity has any impact? Is it set to auto-detect or did you enter a value for that (line 244 per setup)? The timing fires at the end of the magnet passing over the pickup, so would increasing dwell to say 4 or 5 ms help retard timing slightly (setting pickup at 40*)?

So, just now increased dwell to 5ms - better. Then changed position from 45 to 50 now a bit advanced. Gett'in there.....but, likely done for tonight as time to close garage door:rolleyes:

Appears original...
20220822_201422.jpg

LOL. was respone to "woo hoo". Was in shop when you posted - think'in alike.
Next move is to go back and try 40* on the p/u position👍

Took me awhile to figure old coil wanted more charge time (5ms is max)

BTW slide bar for p/u position is really sensitive - should actually use a stylus - it's hard to get accurate with my finger

Yeah, my bad... I went the wrong way. Can you go back to 45° and change (select) the advance you want at idle... then just modify he curve from there?
So as 2XS suggested, it now seems to want to go toward 40* on the pick-up position (after dwell fix). On test runs, I'm not getting many rpms - should probably connect my Tiny Tach. I've played a bit with idle advance settings: thinking it wanted ~13* but I don't want it to get fooled back to 5* on a low idle, so I changed rpm from 1000 down to 800.:shrug: Then did away with intermediate settings up to 3000.

Last run (with painted timing mark) idle was about the drain groove and advance was clear to the stator left edge.

Thoughts from ya'll please...

Last run (with painted timing mark) idle was about the drain groove and advance was clear to the stator left edge.

Thoughts from ya'll please...
Right side of the drain is 35°. Left is 40° Sounds like there's no retard being computed.... firing as soon as it senses the trigger.

any issues accessing setup mode wirelessly? The unit I bought is in NY, so should have it in the next few days.
I just opened wifi connection on phone, powered up ign. (with kill grounded) and the connection appeared. Opened Chrome, typed address and opened right up. Just like instructions (pleasant surprise).

Right side of the drain is 35°. Left is 40° Sounds like there's no retard being computed.... firing as soon as it senses the trigger.
... but then it must be retarding for startup. +40° would kick back like crazy... :umm:

Back