Real Estate Update

More progress. Man I have a lot of stuff!

756413CF-996D-48B1-AE4C-F2B835DE39D6.jpeg5890A5D1-6E1F-42E3-BD4A-4E3E76441FBA.jpeg0F1F5803-2C9D-442B-A612-1836E34E52EE.jpegD8D99E67-8B65-47D4-8A5A-B4A3C14BE88C.jpeg

Attachments

• 4500156D-827F-4D3B-913F-DC6EDDE123CC.jpeg
    4500156D-827F-4D3B-913F-DC6EDDE123CC.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 69472A38-410B-4AB0-995C-590A42C91EDA.jpeg
    69472A38-410B-4AB0-995C-590A42C91EDA.jpeg
    225.2 KB · Views: 43
....and the Lord (or somebody....) said LET THERE BE LIGHT!
...in the pole barn....

These are just two of those inexpensive LED "petal" lights from Amazon ($26/pair - screw into a normal light socket). The first photo is with the overhead door open at about 5:30 PM - so there is still a lot of light coming in through the doorway. I have these two lights on a three-way switch circuit with one switch near the overhead door and the other near the man-door on the side of the barn so that I can get some lights on as soon as I enter the building.

P_B-97.jpg

These two photos below were shot at about 8:30 PM in the dark to assess how effective the "petal" lights are - and I think they're pretty darned good actually.

P_B-98.jpg

P_B-99.jpg

This is a low power lighting system which I got working quickly mainly to get through the construction and wiring phases of the project. They light up the nooks and crannies pretty well and I'll leave them in place after the main lights are installed as a back-up and for less "intense" situations such as when I am goofing-off watching TV or something.

The full-on shop lights will be six of those fancy "Hi-Bay" LEDs - which, combined with a white ceiling and walls, should help my poor old peepers see what the heck I am doing (and help me find the latest 10 mm socket that I have dropped). Much of the wiring in the ceiling main (light circuit and fans etc.) is done and next on the list are the outside receptacles, and lights and then I'll complete the inside receptacle circuits and install the 220v circuits for the mini-split AC and the welder. I am really enjoying this phase of the job as it gives me a break from the office work that somehow fills my days.

Pete

Attachments

• P_B-100.jpg
    P_B-100.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Just ordered similar lights for my garage. My garage is much lower than @MaxPete so we’ll see if they’ll do the trick. I wasn’t as frugal as @MaxPete though. I bought the $38 a pair model. Lol.

Awww Vic - I'm sure that your sparkling personality will also add to the illumination of the new eastern branch of the DCW and besides, if I had you money, I'd burn mine!

hehehehehee :p:lmao:

Awww Vic - I'm sure that your sparkling personality will also add to the illumination of the new eastern branch of the DCW and besides, if I had you money, I'd burn mine!

hehehehehee :p:lmao:

My big bag of money will be gone soon. Spray foam this Thursday, panelling Friday, pick up the Ducati next week. Be eating dog food for a couple of months. Lol. But the garage should be warm. 😃

I'm still advocating for the hot air solar heaters, but they can be done afterwards it's just tougher to get everything lined up when going through the walls

My dad had a '58, first year of the square window when I was about 5 years old ('64). He painted it pumpkin orange.
Couldn't stop myself
1667227173092.png

Light the way guys, the shed of ill repute needs more light for winter parts scrounging missions, need to try some of those petal type LEDs

I've been using those petal design LED lights for about a year now. I like them quite well. My single bay shop uses two of them and the petals are able to be angled to direct the light to specific areas. I was using hi wattage outdoor flood light bulbs before, and the LED petal bulbs far outperform them.

I have those in my garage and they give off excellent light however I also had to hang some fixtures strategically because since they are so bright they throw a lot of shadows. A few weeks ago I ordered some lights for the wife’s play space. 10 4400 lumen fixtures. Amazon for $89. Linkable and bright! She wanted more light and I told her I was tired of piecemealing it. There were about 4 different kinds of fixtures. I hung these 5 over this section and the other 5 over her work table and other machines. Worked out great because I got one of the old fixtures in my garage!👍
image.jpg

And they screw into a regular bulb socket.

Yup - they do. They couldn't be much easier to install and apparently, they last for 50,000 hours.

Hmmmm....that means that at an average utilization rate of say, 6 hours/day for around 2.5 days/week and 45 weeks/year, I won't have to replace them until I'm.....138 years old!

Nice!

My lights arrived today and I’m quite impressed with their performance, so much in fact that I ordered two more. I was mistaken on the price. I paid $45 a pair plus tax not $38.

Cruel words from mean ole @MaxPete about the new ride - shame on you. Lol 😂

Back