Rear hub options - MX bike?

Scott87

Meh.
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to this forum, but I've been reading it constantly since I decided to finally do an XS project.

I'm searching for rear wheel options. I've decided for sure to do a 19/19 build, but I am going back and forth between the stock mags (front on the rear) or to lace up some wheels. I'm pretty sure I don't wanna run the XS front hub in the rear with that Omar kit, and I don't want to run a standard wheel laced to a 19" rim since I want to run a disc. I was toying with the idea of trying to adapt a YZ450 or some other dirtbike hub - nice and wide, and light.... but there's no cush drive. Anyone think this may cause tranmission or driveline issues on a street bike that won't be losing traction frequently like a MX bike does? I have a supermoto bike that obviously has no cush, but that's a race bike that doesn't see a ton of miles.

Any reason not to do this?

There's no cush drive on the originals. The drive damper is incorporated into the back of the clutch hub on these bikes.

Ah... well, good news there! MX hubs, here I come!

Guess it would have helped if I actually had the bike in my shop before I started planning mods... :D

Back