Rear Hub

generallee

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey new to the site.

I just picked up a 82. It has the mag wheels with rear disc and I plan on going to spoke 18" wheel in the back with the drum. I can't find an after market or OEM rear hub any were. Does anyone know if someone makes them or sells OEM? I really don't need a whole wheel. I just need the hub so I can lace up the rear wheel. Thanks for the help.

Check the bike wreckers, swap meets, put the word out to your friends or run an add in the local papers. You can also post an ad on kijiji or what ever local e-service you have if you let us know where you live you will probably find someone close by thru here.

Post a wanted ad in the classified section of this board. mention whether you need the brake plate, sprocket, axle or any other items you may be looking for. (if it fits it ships!)
Post your location or Zip code although a rear hub fits in a large flat rate box.
Posting what you are willing to pay may help someone decide if they want to dissect a rear wheel to get a hub out for you.

For 18" on back i use old HONDA spoke wheels same axle just longer. BUT most of them that you are going to fine are drum not disk. 1977 CB 750 did have spoke wheels in Disk . Good luck finding one.Most were 17".. SUPER SPORT had both. Other than that you can look at newer 90's bikes just got to make sure axle sizes are the same. They are out there just hard to find and most guys don't want to give them up. Run a ADD and see what happens.

Thanks for the help. I think I'm just going to go with a HD wheel and brake setup. Anyone know anything about a 16 x 3 HD spoke wheel and brake setup?

Back