Remember when cars sounded like this?

Those big block motors with lumpy cams and loping idles…..that snarl when you revved them? 😎
Ironically, the 440 was a much better street motor. The Hemi performed best at high RPM's while the 440 had low end and midrange grunt. That being said, they (Hemi's) were still about as cool as it got.

Those big block motors with lumpy cams and loping idles…..that snarl when you revved them? 😎
Well here we go. As a life long Chevy owner, builder, racer all I can say is if one of my race motors sounded sluggish like that Mopar I`d shut it off, take it apart and find out what`s wrong with it.:shrug:

Strange that he did not step on it a bit -- Is it possible to stray off ?
Can Anyone explain the secret there ,Why is it so Popular

Despite posting its lowest sales since 2012, the Ford F-Series was the country’s top-selling vehicle for the 41st year and America’s best-selling truck for 46 consecutive years.

It`s always fun to stir the ole Mopar pot. The sad part is if you look back at the NHRA record books Mopar`s held most of the PRO Class records and probably still do.:shootme: On a local level around here (mom & pop 1/8 mile) the Slopar entries couldn`t outrun a fat man uphill.:laugh:

Strange that he did not step on it a bit -- Is it possible to stray off ?
Can Anyone explain the secret there ,Why is it so Popular

Despite posting its lowest sales since 2012, the Ford F-Series was the country’s top-selling vehicle for the 41st year and America’s best-selling truck for 46 consecutive years.
Hard to say. I'm a Ford guy, but in all fairness GM and Ford both make pretty good trucks, IMHO. They both have good points and bad points, but if I were in the market right now, I'd probably buy a Toyota, and that breaks my heart. I've never met a pissed off Toyota truck owner. The only complaint I've heard is about their fuel mileage. Ram trucks??? Heard a lot of horror stories, but that's just what I've heard and I'm sure they're are plenty of happy owners out there.

Toyota had a good reputation Mostly for their small sedans .Over here . It is many years ago but then they Made 8 Million cars a Year
puhh .hh that is a lot 8 000 000
The superiority given the large Volumes made pricing and Quality such that few could Compete. Volkswagen maybe
No one else could make any money in that segment and was forced out.

You fellas are experts...gimme Liz in the Tiger..Butterfield 8...https://youtu.be/T_SbnvPdRTw
In life I had the joy of a 260 ford running azzbackwards in a boat... 10:1 flat-top slugs and marine cam... ran like the wind, and sounded to me like PT 109.... Ran that bitch in a snowstorm on the river and, I swear, ah seen a naked girl dancing atop a trimaran to the Stones, in the snow...good dope ah reckon, Youth! She waved.

The last Idiot is not yet Born

Environmentally hazardous waste -- Is everyone sitting down ..I have not followed it so Closely
But there is debate going electric and there are
environmental zones

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/s...a-bilar-forbjuds-i-centrala-stockholm--an4nkd

Petrol and diesel-powered cars are prohibited in central Stockholm

On 31 December 2024, environmental zone class 3 will be introduced in Stockholm's inner city. This means that no petrol and diesel cars may drive on the streets in the area within Kungsgatan, Birger Jarlsgatan, Hamngatan and Sveavägen. However, you can drive on the mentioned streets, roughly like a ring road around the area.

It is the first time environmental zone class 3 has been introduced in Sweden. The zone covers twenty blocks in the city.

- The goal is to create a better air and sound environment for those who stay here, says traffic councilor Lars Strömgren (MP)

Motor interest i a big Hobby and has always been OK The cooperation with what is called " Raggare " and the local communities has not been good at times Look like riots at times But it was back in the day not really after 1980

BUT

https://www.vf.se/2021/09/11/debatt-forbud-av-bensin-och-diesel-begraver-veteranbilarna-ffa4e/

The rolling cultural heritage, i.e. old motor vehicles but also older ships, trains and airplanes, is a hobby and an interest that employs several hundred thousand people in Sweden.

For many years, motoring associations have received reports of problems for the rolling heritage, which usually arise as a result of laws and regulations for ordinary vehicles not being applicable to vintage vehicles. The authorities' lack of commitment and knowledge about vintage vehicles makes it difficult for the country's enthusiasts.

The latest example in the series are the high-profile cases of US-imported vintage vehicles, where the responsible authorities seized vintage cars that were to be refurbished in Sweden. Those who imported the vehicles have been told that their cars must be classified as environmentally hazardous waste and must be scrapped. ( ??? Whaaaa ... aaa t t) In addition, the authority believes that the importers should be punished for importing environmental waste without a permit.

For Heavens sake .. they need to stop doing drugs at the Office

Back