Review of some parts purchases from MikesXS

All the stuff was OK this year except for the shift lever rubber which split on the first ride.
Once I got the leaks stopped, the oil filter/cooler seems OK.
Man, oil stays in header wrap for decades.

What do y'all know about the electronic speedo that Mike's has on sale right now?

I have a Triumph front wheel (no speedo druve) and am now just running a tach, so I am interested.

I see that he has this item on sale, and knowing Mike's history of continuing to sell stuff that he knows to be crap I am a bit wary.

A good price does not make crap a bargain.

Rather than do a "brake job" with new pads, etc., in the dragging front brake caliper on my '75, my mechanic and I agreed that it would be more cost-effective to just replace the whole thing with the part from Mike's. No squeak, no drag. Has a nice feel and works like a champ!

Bought shocks from mikes for xs1 xs1b xs2 tx650,no problem same as original,as to the other parts you have to be careful all TAIWAN with 0 quality control,i know from many car parts from there,txgary

The replacement rocker arm set seems to be an ok product, a little rough around the edges but better than any worn out set. Just make sure you bin the valve adjusting screws!

This is one I bought about 18 months ago and only just recently opened it up to use it.
The oil squirter hole has been drilled too close to the edge and has broken through the side.
I contacted MikesXS and they were more than happy to send me a full replacement set free of charge. thanks MIKES!

4C91E8DB-46FB-48A6-826B-492EBBA7E25D.jpg

27901748-D202-4062-9019-41835F51763F.jpg

BD40E8F2-60F2-415F-8D0E-CD3837539650.jpg

Last edited:
I've been pretty happy with most products....I've spent thousands with them over the last few years.
Today I received a brand new set of footpeg rubbers....with a huge hole in the corner the size of a shooter marble. Obvious problem with the injection process as both were nearly the same and useless... should have been terribly obvious and refused from their manufacturer. And yet they shipped them right out to me. Waste of 25$. No big deal but I was shocked no one saw a whole corner missing from the piece.

I bought a pair of dust boots for the forks of my 76 and they disintegrated within 3 months
And they weren't even outside. I was doing my build in my nice warm basement. Generally I think mikes rubber parts are to be avoided. I bought another set from yambits and they are noticeably better quality.

These stories are enough to make me never spend a dime at Mikes. I just can't let a 30 dollar something go as it encourages more poor quality parts let alone something that costs 100 or more. I couldn't imagine some cheap part like this going on a bike. With only two wheels everything must work in order for safe travels.. Mikes will never get a dime of my money.

Back