Rotor trouble

kazoom

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all
Installing the pandemonium brembo kit bought the 35mm kit, my problem is i can't fit the 298 mm rotor, the one I have is 267 mm, when I tjek other fork legs it looks like my brake ears are located further down. So question is what's this fork, it looks like other forks I have seen except of the ears the fork is 35 mm.
Does this make sense, difficult for me to explain in English.
Are there any other discs I can use that will fit 267mm or am I stuck with the old one.
Best regards from Denmark

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 181
my front rotor is 298mm
my rear rotor is 267mm
your fork is also different than mine, the one I have 35mm forks.I will take a pic and add it to show you
notice the lower caliper mount mine is higher than yours

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 177
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 153
Hey carb
Thanks for your reply, so the fork legs I have is not from an xs650 ?.well I know they are 35 mm and i am pretty sure the triple tee is a 650, the funny thing is that the set I got from pandemonium has a spacer and I can't use that, without it, everything fits with that rotor.
Anyone know if there's a rotor with the same diameter approx 267mm with the same mounting holes that I can use, been searching a bit but it's a difficult task when u don't really know what it's called, or where to search.

Best regards from Denmark

Last edited:
Bunch of us USA guys don't know the euro models well enough to guess the origins of your fork. BUt it's got "early" calipers on it and those are "early" rotors also. The donor bike would have been in the 1973 to 1976 range. I might double check the 35mm. Perhaps euro TX750 Or XS500 forks?

Ok thanks Gary, I rechecked and they are 35 mm not originally from my bike so wouldn't know for sure what they came from originally, but I got them from a friend who put a Usd fork on his xs 650. Also when I took them apart for polishing the parts where similar to the ones I have seen in the xs650 forks.
No matter gonna stick with them and see if I can find a roter that looks a little nicer and weighs a lot less.
So still asking anyone know where I could find a rotor with the same diameter mounting hole and 6 bolts at 267 mm that looks a little sharper than this piece of steel.

Best regards Simon

Back