Seeking advice for that yellow/white wire to the safety relay

XStretchified650

Back in the 650 Saddle
Reaction score
I am finishing up a resto/mod of a 77D.

I installed Hugh's PMA kit with the solid state regulator/rectifier. The original wire bundle coming from the alternator had a singular yellow wire that connected to a yellow/white wire at the safety relay. From what I've read this yellow/white wire sensed output from the alternator (the yellow wire) and then cuts out the currrent going to the starter when the engine starts.

I will be keeping the safety relay but the wire set coming from the new alternator does not have the extra yellow wire to send current to the safety relay.

I am looking for suggestions on how to wire up the safety relay starter cut-off. My yellow/white wire.....its just danglin man...its got nobody!

XStretchified

I believe some people have tapped into one of the stator wires from the pma for the safety relay. It's been discussed before, try a search or contact Hugh.

Grinder,

Thanks. I found a few threads talking about the same issue. No definitive answer yet but I am working on it. I'll repost when I find the answer or hear back from Hugh.

XStretchified

Old threads are great when you find your answers.

Apparently I just have to connect any one of the three new stator wires to the safety relay and all will be good.

XStretchified

Back