Seeking correct part # for Motion Pro Clutch and Throttle Cables to match Original

EvenmoreXS

1981 XS650
Reaction score
I know this has been covered lots but I couldn't find specific part #'s that people were happy with after purchase.

Part # 05-0013

Part # 05-0012

These are the two part #s I found on their website. I know someone here has been through this. I want to replace both my clutch and throttle cables with MP cables and ditch the Mikes cables I have now...they wont last much longer. Id rather not have to deal with this on the side of the road.

Please let me know if you have ordered MP cables to replace STOCK cables and if so what part # you ordered. Please also mention if you had to request any different ends or angles on the cables as mentioned in a few other threads.

Thanks for the help everyone !

awesome, thanks for the reply. I have been through that thread...VERY detailed... do you know how the length compares to the OEM cable?...stock length for 81 model. I didn't see that in the thread....could have missed it though...

Yea I see that in your bio memo. Still good info though, thanks. I cant imagine more than a few inches either way could be the difference but want to order the right thing the first time. Nothing but good reviews for MP so I plan to go that route.

Anyone with more info on how the MP cable 05-0013 compares to stock for an 81, Please chime in.

Thanks again

got my throttle and clutch cable but haven't looked at em much,....just been busy... but I did notice the throttle cable elbow is like 45 degrees and not 90. Can I bend this little elbow or would I be better off ordering another.?

Has anyone ever bent the elbow with success.???

I ran into the same issue with the 45 degree elbow. I contacted Motion Pro and they sent me the correct one with the 90 no charge and told me to keep the other one. Great customer service IMO.

I heard they had great customer service but I bought it from TC Bros.... I suppose I could still email them and see what they say.

Back