(semi moto realated) What is the Best Shipping Options for Heavy Objects?

twinsarehot

fu*cking lurker
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you had advice on shipping heavier items, time is not as important as money. I have to ship out a motorcycle wheel with tire/hub/brakes and all but it doesn't need to be there in any rush. Thankks in advanced.

I don't really think there are any cheap options. I guess it probably depends how far you're shipping them but UPS ground is going to cost you just over a dollar per pound when you factor in the size of the box you need. It goes to dimensional weight when things get that big so the smaller you keep the box, the better. I shipped two mag wheels with tires once and it cost about $70. Shipped a front wheel with tire and I think was about $35-40. Plus I had to buy the damn boxes! I was in a hurry so I bought them from the USP store for $12 each. UPS.com and FedEx.com both that shipping calculators you can use. You have to know where it's going, the size of the box and the weight. Weigh the wheel and add about 5 pounds for packaging and the box and you'll be close.

Back