shifting clunks

Continued practice coordinating clutch, throttle,shift actions? Here in the great white north the extremities always need a bit of practise in the spring, swapping between various bikes can be a challenge also. Especially between CV non CV carbs!
And yes clutch perch, cable, ramp, clearance etc. all being in top fettle is big.

my clutch is spot on, I can find neutral easy rolling, kinda easy sitting. It still has a clunk going into first. Works fine, cold and warmed up. Just a clunky motor?

I do not even use the clutch much when easy riding. Neutral can be a little pesky, but I think it is due to my short shift lever.

When you pull the clutch lever, how far back does the lever move before you feel resistance on it ??

If it's the same thing I'm thinking of, it's that kinda different feel/sound that you get when shifting down from 2nd to neutral/first. If that's the sound you mean, then that is normal. All of my motorcycles have that. I'm used to it, and use it to "feel" neutral instead of looking at the light.

If you ever have the right cover off, inspect the damper springs on the back of the clutch hub. You may have some broken ones. They're there to absorb and dampen that "clunk".

i just changed my oil, and badda bing it has significantly diminished. haha, simple things do amazing things.

thanks for all the input.

Back