Show of hands, who has done the 270 re-phase?

mrriggs

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
I'm talking about the re-phase that uses the parts from two cranks. What did you do with all of the leftover parts?

I had two 270 rephased projects. I sent 2 separate cranks to Hughs HandBuilt for him to rephase. I assume he cannibalized the leftover bits which was fine with me. I ended up selling that crank with Carrillo rods to some lucky guy overseas to help pay some bills.

My other rephased crank was from Jerry Heiden in the Netherlands, and I believe I sent him my crank & he supplied the extra parts. You can see my 270 Rephased engine here:
(The work on this bike was done by Bill from Cycle Service Sale, I had Heiden Tuning do the rephase & Hoos do the porting)

I've built my own personal 270 Engine, and the rest of the parts went into the bin - I keep them around in case a customer needs extra parts on one of their cranks. Can't beat a Free fix and passing that down to the customer is always nice.

The rest of the 270's we've built were the same, spare parts go towards keeping another XS alive and well :thumbsup:

I've built my own personal 270 Engine, and the rest of the parts went into the bin - I keep them around in case a customer needs extra parts on one of their cranks. Can't beat a Free fix and passing that down to the customer is always nice.

The rest of the 270's we've built were the same, spare parts go towards keeping another XS alive and well :thumbsup:

Hugh,
Too bad I had to sell the 270 Crank you built for me, that was really nice & I would of loved to seen that go into my XS scrambler project which I also had to sell! :bike:

I built my own 270 back in the winter of 2010-2011. Had you "Mr Riggs" re-phase my stock camshaft which I must add has well over 4000 miles on it with no problems. Re-phased my stock ignition because the really popular electronic is only available in 277. I have another 270 pin and a machined flywheel if anybody wants to join the club.

Back