show us your ride

Here's my $1.00 prize, First shot right after I got it, second after replacing the seat cover and some good cleaning. Thanks to a generous co-worker, I literally got it for nothing.

Attachments

• 101_3633.jpg
    101_3633.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 179
  • 100_3847.jpg
    100_3847.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 228
full

box on the left is new parts (mike's made a mint off my ass) and box on the right is the engine top end.

full

engine and chassis parts pile

full

tank, seat and some tools on the work bench

the frame is off at powder coat

Here is my gem. 1975 survivor. Same model/year that grandpa had 35 years ago. Original except tires, grips, and mirrors. Shoulda seen his face when I rode up on it.

Attachments

• 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 206
  • 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 176
  • 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 176
A 4 year project. More details in post somewhere on the site.

Attachments

• MSR 2010 3.jpg
    MSR 2010 3.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 148
  • MSR 2010 2.jpg
    MSR 2010 2.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 171
  • MSR 2010 1.jpg
    MSR 2010 1.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 167
  • Padock.jpg
    Padock.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 187
full

box on the left is new parts (mike's made a mint off my ass) and box on the right is the engine top end.

full

full

Probably still getting off cheap, did you see what some used parts are going for on Fleebay :laugh:

Probably still getting off cheap, did you see what some used parts are going for on Fleebay :laugh:

for sure. i'm not complaining one bit, i did get lucky a few times on ebay though - that rear fender i picked up for 15 bux, its not perfrect but it is shiny where it counts.

even with all the parts i bought this thing is still cheaper than a newer bike. plus i'm having a blast tearing it down and building it back up the way i want it. once the frame gets back from powder coat i can get some real work done on it

full

full

full

Let me ask you did you get your frame zinc plated before you powder coated?

The XS in it's current state...

IMG00065-20100825-2017.jpg

And the Sportster 48...and yes. It is parked in my boss's office.

Photo0048.jpg

DSC00754.jpg

Harley still has the ability to make a decent looking scoot when they try. It would be nice if they tried more often...

Nice scoot. I'm looking forward to seeing one bobbed.

I think someone has really let their XS project slide since they got their new toy...

Harley still has the ability to make a decent looking scoot when they try. It would be nice if they tried more often...

Nice scoot. I'm looking forward to seeing one bobbed.

I agree. I think they've made a push in recent years to appeal more to the younger crowd as well.

I think someone has really let their XS project slide since they got their new toy...

Yes and no. To be honest, it was for the best. I was pushing to get the XS done before Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach back in mid-October and was wanting to rush/half ass things. Don't get me wrong it still would have been safe and functional but I would have been unhappy with the results. Combine that with a busy as hell college student like and the XS just had to be put on hold. It's not really that Ive abandonned it in favor of the HD, just havent have much time for ANYTHING outside of school, work, essays, midterms, exams, etc. Heck Ive never even done a leisure ride on the HD(besides Biketoberfest). Just commuting with it. Despite several people trying to get me to sell it off. But alas, the semester is almost done and in due time it shall be done. Don't be suprised if I ride the XS more than the HD. :thumbsup:

Here's mine from down under. Canberra Australia . It's a 1974 tx650 with tc bros rigid frame , raked 32 degrees . Wide harley forks with new Honda triples . Forward controls . Will be putting mid pegs for bumpy roads . Has 21" front harley wheel and 16" rear. F series oil/electric box holding the master cyl for rear brakes . Hope you like it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 210
Here's another shot with another seat and handlebars . Won't pass Rego in Canberra with this seat . Has to have springs / airbags to pass.. I love it. Just want a peanut tank.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 160
Back