Some cool Astrophotography

Love astrophotography !
Absolutely beautiful shots if the Milky Way.
I wish I had those kinds of dark skys.
Hoping to take a trip and trailor my scope to some dark skies in the near future.
Perhaps next year.
Thanks for sharing

Awesome pics, always loved stargazing since childhood. Outback Queensland has amazing dark skies without any city lights and any Asian tourists are bewildered having never seen stars in real life. Took the family to China 10 yrs ago for a week and we never saw the sun or moon let alone any stars. 2yrs ago we went to the dark sky reserve near Lake teapot in south New Zealand and it was awesome , well worthwhile doing.

Awesome pics, always loved stargazing since childhood. Outback Queensland has amazing dark skies without any city lights and any Asian tourists are bewildered having never seen stars in real life. Took the family to China 10 yrs ago for a week and we never saw the sun or moon let alone any stars. 2yrs ago we went to the dark sky reserve near Lake teapot in south New Zealand and it was awesome , well worthwhile doing.

Very easy to get to areas, (besides the main cities) in NZ where light pollution isn't a problem, North or south Island

Old Fart, are you sure you were in NZ because i have never heard of a lake called or named "Lake Teapot"

*!* auto correct.!! Not sure where lake teapot is but we were at Lake Tekapoe, loved the place, and all the south Island. Would be great to tour on a motorbike.

@Oldfartaussie you could be talking about this place

Your correction just before i posted this..............yes Lake Tekapo, with out the E
1644704668410.png

1644704718997.png

1644704803532.png

loved the place, and all the south Island. Would be great to tour on a motorbike.

NZ covid restrictions around isolation, when visiting NZ are being removed for NZ'rs, (who are fully vaccinated), to reurn home to start in July. (October for the rest of the world), and i am planning to go over in August/September. Have a GS650 in my sons garage and planning on a few trips, weather permitting. It will be late winter so they will probably be reasonably short. Be staying in Blenheim about 30klm's south of the Picton ferry.

Getting excited just thinking about it..........

NZ covid restrictions around isolation, when visiting NZ are being removed for NZ'rs, (who are fully vaccinated), to reurn home to start in July. (October for the rest of the world), and i am planning to go over in August/September. Have a GS650 in my sons garage and planning on a few trips, weather permitting. It will be late winter so they will probably be reasonably short. Be staying in Blenheim about 30klm's south of the Picton ferry.

Getting excited just thinking about it..........
That sounds great, lucky you. We did the stargazing tour at midnight with a fellow with a large telescope. It was 3 degrees Celsius and other than a cold room that is the coldest weather i have been out in.

Back