Some cool Astrophotography

Eye of the dragon.
1650231668866.png

Arches National Park, Utah.

I knew Doug had this thread for a reason.... :geek:

Just shot this Sun pic in my back yard. It's actually a beautiful orange right now, presumably smoke from the wild fires up north. The color didn't render quiet right, but it's a good shot none the less. Look close... there's sunspots scattered across it.

This Pixel 7 phone camera never ceases to amaze me. Shot with the camera resting on the backyard deck railing at 30X mag, F/3.5, 1/420

1689470050264.png

I knew Doug had this thread for a reason.... :geek:

Just shot this Sun pic in my back yard. It's actually a beautiful orange right now, presumably smoke from the wild fires up north. The color didn't render quiet right, but it's a good shot none the less. Look close... there's sunspots scattered across it.

This Pixel 7 phone camera never ceases to amaze me. Shot with the camera resting on the backyard deck railing at 30X mag, F/3.5, 1/420

View attachment 247124
Wow, that’s crazy looking!

What a great shot. Just transfered to my laptop for a better look. The sunspots really stick out. Keep trying to pick the dirt off my screen.

Is it normal for your camera to not capture natural colours.

My phone camera doesn't capture natural colours when I have taken sunrise pics but pretty good in normal daylight.

My Canon has mold in the Lens's with my 35-50mm lens broken when the camera fell off the roof of my car. Luckerly it landed on the front edge of the lens so no damage to the body. Need to get back to taking some pics.

Thanks Doug.
No, it captures colors pretty good under natural lighting. I think it was 'cause the sunlight was overpowering it. Soon as I loaded it into my computer I could see it didn't render quiet right. Went and grabbed the Nikon D70 but by the time I got back out there it was behind the trees. Just as well... I recall the zoom lens I have for the D70 went tits up at least a decade ago, so....

I think that is what happens with my phone. Auto filter type of thing. Just my idea no real proof.
Yeah, I think you're right. Here's a shot at a lower zoom. I fat fingered it and clicked the shutter soon at it came into focus... didn't mean to but apparently it hadn't filtered out all the light. A sec or two after, it would go to the color in the shot above.
Appears to overpower it and it takes a sec to compensate.

1689475477507.png

Back