"somebody help me"

solosailor

XS650 Member
Reaction score
After 6 years my 1975 XS650 is nearing completion, and I have run into a couple of wiring questions. (going to keep it stock as it was pretty complete when I got it altho it had been sitting for years) There is a white plug under the tank with 5 wires (r/w,g/r,brn,orng,blk) and there is a white plug in the headlight bucket with 6 wires, (g/r,blu/r,orng,Grn/w,r/w,lite blu) I have nothing to plug into either one. Have looked at all the wiring diagrams and I am getting frustrated. Can somebody point me in the right direction. Thanks

The plug in the HL bucket plugs into a pigtail from the instrument cluster. The plug under the tank goes nowhere on my '74 and others.

Scott

OK, I don't have a matching plug on the instruments, so I can work that out. Not much left to do but put in gas and a battery.

I appreciate it but I suspect I can manage. Just needed to know, especially the plug under the tank. If that doesn't need a home then me and my little meter should be able to sort this out. The ignition key was not where it should be ion a '75, and a lot of stuff was not on the bike when I got it. Also, it has taken a bit longer than expected. Thanks!

Back