SOUND OFF!! Lets hear your Baby Run

Here are a couple vids of my rephased 750cc engine. First start and a slow ride around town one wet night. I can't get the YouTube BBC code tags to work properly for whatever reason.

Got to your video on youtube.
Click on "share"
Cope the URL
Come back here
Click on post reply
In the window, click on the youtube button
Between the [YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE] bits, paste the link
now delete the http://youtu.be/
click on submit reply
Tadaa!!:thumbsup:

You guys have done some AMAZING work on these bikes! I am so proud of your hard work and am exceedingly happy with your results! These are examples of what MAY be possible for my bike, if I only had your skills and talent. I am a Musician and Song writer, My Brain is wired differently than yours. What you do, coming so very naturally to you, is simply beyond my comprehension!
In a way your compiled works are songs, are not musical notes so to speak, but the sound of your internal combustion engines playing a tune that is unique to each and every one of you.
Just as there are Chord structures and scales, the "Circle of 5ths" and notes.
Each of you subscribe to a different truth to form, as I would build a paragraph or rhythm structure, and chord progression, you choose a different collection of mechanical devices, change up the timing, carb settings, compression ratio to execrate any dissatisfaction of your engines rhythm!
One thing is the same if we execute our creations well, we both get the Girl!!!
Except I'm on Stage getting them warm, and you are in the crowd, take them home, and put the Fire out! lol.
I would like to have more of you tell me what pipes your using. Some of them are interstellar in their sound! Exactly the sound I am looking for.
Thanks,
Larry B.

th_trimacVdFO.jpg

Man Photobucket really shit the bed. I hate the new page, cheap looking a pita to nav.. Blah..

You guys have done some AMAZING work on these bikes! I am so proud of your hard work and am exceedingly happy with your results! These are examples of what MAY be possible for my bike, if I only had your skills and talent. I am a Musician and Song writer, My Brain is wired differently than yours. What you do, coming so very naturally to you, is simply beyond my comprehension!
In a way your compiled works are songs, are not musical notes so to speak, but the sound of your internal combustion engines playing a tune that is unique to each and every one of you.
Just as there are Chord structures and scales, the "Circle of 5ths" and notes.
Each of you subscribe to a different truth to form, as I would build a paragraph or rhythm structure, and chord progression, you choose a different collection of mechanical devices, change up the timing, carb settings, compression ratio to execrate any dissatisfaction of your engines rhythm!
One thing is the same if we execute our creations well, we both get the Girl!!!
Except I'm on Stage getting them warm, and you are in the crowd, take them home, and put the Fire out! lol.
I would like to have more of you tell me what pipes your using. Some of them are interstellar in their sound! Exactly the sound I am looking for.
Thanks,
Larry B.

Wow what a good post. LOL. My buddy plays music as well. I have picked up the guitar, have learned some, but it is something I can not fully grasp as of yet, of course you have to make time to play it. But some of you( my buddy included) just has it, can pick it up, play any song he hears on the stereo. So bravo to you all also. Would love to be able and do it like that... Def some neat looking pipes on the sight. My pipes started out as Pandemonium '' Ya Momma'' pipes. Since they are on alot of bikes, I opt to cut them up, shorten them and change them this way.. First pic is when I was in the process of taking the store bought tag bracket off, making my own. After is when she was fisniedFACT, MORE GUNS LESS CRIME, FACT, POLITICIANS ARE CORRUPT, DO THIS AS MONEY ANGLE WITH THESE BOGUS LAWS, ECT ECT. FACE PLACES WITH THE STRICTEST LAWS ON GUNS HAVE HIGHER CRIME. How stupid can some of you be. next your going to tell me OWEmalley is doing a fine job at running the state.. All the bans and laws you want, will do nothing but hurt the honest person. Criminals will still do what they want, but if we had a CCW in this state, those criminals would most def think it over before trying to rob, or do whatever to you.. Now back to the regularly scheduled programing.. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 988835_10202845704962926_38539969_n.jpg
    988835_10202845704962926_38539969_n.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 168
  • 1096991_10203027424625804_2050435820_o.jpg
    1096991_10203027424625804_2050435820_o.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 187
This is my 81 special that I am just finishing my cafe conversion on. I just fired her back up yesterday, already jetted by PO for pod filters, but what those setting are I have no idea because they also sealed the float bowls to the carb bodies, and I just added a gordonscott 2-1 exhaust with a 12 inch stainless open muffler. I have a popping sound that was coming from my right exhaust when it was stock, which is now amplified with the new exhaust. You can just hear it in the video. I know that probably means a re-jet and tune but first things first I have to get the damn float bowls off lol. Anyways here she is running at idle with no choke on. Hopefully the video posts. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202457700155123&l=625726664884863750

Man I love that Red Metallic! Who did the paint? I also love the sound. That is what I am looking for.
And back to RattyXS, I asked for and got my first guitar when I was 9 yrs old.
I taught myself how to play by ear first by going out and getting the sheet music for a few songs I knew, forget that "You are my Sunshine Bullshit they try to teach you"
I was playing live music on stage by 16.
I was inducted into the Iowa Rock & Roll Hall of Fame last year.
Here are a few of the people I have worked with either live or in the Studio..
Chris Ledoux, Kenny Chesney, Gordon Lightfoot, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band,
Bill Haleys Comets, Dwight Yokum, Michael Martin Murphy.
and Dion Demucci (Run Around Sue) And Conway Twitty (I was on his bus when it caught Fire down by Sioux City Iowa) I lost a Ampeg amp and a Beautiful 1961 Fender Jazz Bass that would be worth about 10k right now.
Great posts Guys

Last edited:
The paint was done by my friends dad, a retired paint and body man. He now paints show cars on the side lol, very reasonable as well. The exhaust was built by gordonscott, its one of his two into one exhausts. That was the bike running right after putting the exhaust on, it is nowhere near tuned in yet, alot of work left to go on it there.

Back