"suspended" seat ideas anyone.

Detale

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking to find if anyone sells a kit or something for a suspended leaf spring type seat mount for a chopper or bobber. I'm looking to not have to send my frame away, even if there's something I can build myself. Now I'm no light weight so I would need something to hold my 210 lb ass up. Any ideas at all would be great. Thanks so much guys. Something like in this guys video

bobber%

Is this the idea you are looking for?
It's the "willow bike"

http://www.thechopperunderground.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55685&st=225

Last edited:
I'm not going to weld a spring, I'll weld some kind of bracket and bolt to it. Once the spring gets here i'll figure it out.

I love those elaborate seat suspensions but they are too expensive for me too.

I think most of the expense is the shock he uses. Its like 300 bucks or something cause its a bicycle racing component. A cheaper substitute would not be as pricy.

Do you have a close up of the mount? Also my frame isn't as low as yours. I can't post pics on my phone so I'll post em in a few or feel free to check my profile

WHat I meant was that my tail section isn't that low on the backbone and I'm not about to start cutting and moving it just yet. Heres mine
full

full

full

Looks nice. You can get a solo shock. Mount one end under the seat pivot and make a bracket to mount the other end to the back of the seat.

I'm not partial to the solo shock really, I'm looking for something comfortable and my understanding was that shocks weren't nearly as comfortable as springs or suspended.

Back