Swapping rubber carb mounts for aluminum.

Most alloy mounts only fit the Aftermarket carbs. None for stock carbs.

How are you going to hold the stock carbs to your aluminum adapter? I wonder about additional vibration wearing out carb parts faster without the dampening effect of the rubber?

With OEM carbs on aluminum mounts, your main problem will be interference between the frame and the bracket joining the carburetors. To my knowledge only rubber mounts from Mike's XS have ever presented repeated premature failures. I've seen those mounts. The material was extremely flimsy, and wouldn't have held up to prolonged use no matter what fuel was or wasn't used.

Mike's XS claims to have corrected the problem, but the jury's still out on that. I'm currently using boots from www.jbmindustries.com , and they're excellent. Tour Max boots will also stand up to ethanol indefinitely--we've had to use that stuff for a long time in Illinois.

I can sell you the set I got from Tc Bro's for $50.00 shipped.They fit carbs with 40mm spigot size.They are in alluminum cnc machined,no welds.They came with rubbeer booths and clamps.

I am planning on building something myself. Looks like they will need an angle outwards if I stay with stock 34s. Then they need to be split apart. Then they need dual cables. That means 2 left carbs used so they have throttle linkages on both? If I can find someone who will trade me my new 40mm roundslides for some 34s that would make this a little easier. Sometimes I wonder why I do this...

I made my own aluminum intake manifolds. No issues with vibes, I was able to match them up the the Flatslide Carbs I am running. I made them as long as possible to take advantage of a longer intake runner. I am very satisfied with them.

Back