Tappet Cover studs

If you mean tappet or valve adjuster, any year VW Beetle will fit and work fine. Old Beetle not new. Advance Auto Parts can get them in a couple of days. They will laugh at you if you ask for them but if you force them to look it up on their computer it's there. Does not show on their website parts search though. I've gotten several of them from several different Advances around the country.

If you mean tappet or valve adjuster, any year VW Beetle will fit and work fine. Old Beetle not new. Advance Auto Parts can get them in a couple of days. They will laugh at you if you ask for them but if you force them to look it up on their computer it's there. Does not show on their website parts search though. I've gotten several of them from several different Advances around the country.

My apologies, I meant the studs for the tappet COVERS

You could, but I wouldn't do it, you're bound to strip the threads which are relatively fragile there. There is a reason they are studs to begin with. I had one pull clear out just tightening the acorn nut lightly... Out with the helicoil and cold sweats.

Ok, you changed it to covers :) I would keep it studs for Maurice's reason. I've had the head strip there too. But if something is wrong with a stud it's a common good hardware store item. You can always trim the length with a Dremel if need be. The small acorns are used to attach back brakes to bicycles. Same size and finish. Would bolts be just for looks?

Ok, you changed it to covers :) I would keep it studs for Maurice's reason. I've had the head strip there too. But if something is wrong with a stud it's a common good hardware store item. You can always trim the length with a Dremel if need be. The small acorns are used to attach back brakes to bicycles. Same size and finish. Would bolts be just for looks?

Good info on the acorn nuts... now to rob them off some bicycles

^ A lazy walk in front of the classroom building...wearing shades...

Primarily for looks, I could use different types, finishes or colors if I wanted to. Not big fan of the look of acorn nuts or how the stud will stick out the top if I use a nylok or traditional nut.

^I don't think bolts would look better. I figured you were missing some parts and just wanted it sealed up fast. The threads in the head do seem to be weak, especially the front right bottom one, which seems to strip on a lot of people.

The nuts you can get at a hardware store but the outer size is bigger. You might be able to get original size at a bicycle shop. You can get them through a Yamaha dealer but sometimes they're black instead of chrome. I actually did rob one off of a bicycle here and replaced it on the bicycle with a regular nut.

Back