4b614231-a6ca-40f0-b566-4498af3bc6b6_zpsbabde7b1.jpg

193_zps11481692.jpg

How do you like my ''sharpie'' flames?:bike:

Attachments

• 193.jpg
    193.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Looking good! Flames just need a few more layers underneath bringing them back over the whole tank then clear coat...:D

I like that brat kit. Does the suspension seem softer with the shocks laid down that far?

Sweet, what size battery are you using? I just got done building a semi harley style fake oil tank for all my elect and battery. But I dont think I like it lol. This looks good, didnyou buy or build it?

Last edited:
Sharpie flames. Cool. How about multiple licks?

Have you done the sit-down bounce up/down test yet? Grab the back if the seat, bounce a bit, see if fingers hurt...

I like that brat kit. Does the suspension seem softer with the shocks laid down that far?

Thanks man, it's a DIY MCM kit. Hard to say with the springer seat, shocks are set at the lower preload, maybe a little softer then stock but not that much since the SA is pretty horizontal, force will push pretty much into the shocks in compression, if the SA was under the horizontal line, with the imaginary radius line of the SA action, maybe the shock act more like a lever and you'll lose some + put some good stress on the top bolt... i'm not an engineer, i'm a farmer, so i'll come back with a good review when I get it on the road...

Sweet, what size battery are you using? I just got done building a semi harley style fake oil tank for all my elect and battery. But I dont think I like it lol. This looks good, didnyou buy or build it?

I'm using a ballistic 8 cells for the e-kicker, if you go kick only you can get the smaller 4 cells. The oil bag came from an Harley, mod it to get rid of inside tubes and put everything in it. Go back to post #74 on the 4th page for pics

:thumbsup:

Have you done the sit-down bounce up/down test yet? Grab the back if the seat, bounce a bit, see if fingers hurt...

Yep, several time with my ol' lady!! :wink2: Seriously I have the 3'' springs mounted, tried a set of 2'' but was hitting the fender... i'm not a big guy, 175 after a Big Mac or 2!

Which of the shocks or seat springs gonna compress first?

Which of the shocks or seat springs gonna compress first?

Let's see, in slow motion, when you hit a bump, the rear wheel will move up first, then it's force thru the shocksprings will move the frame up, the upward moving frame will compress the seat springs, the seat springs will apply upward force onto the seat and rider, the rider will bounce up, the upward moving rider will accelerate relative to the lower jawbone, allowing mouth to open, altering shape of giddy grin typical of XS riders, looking something like this: :yikes:

Wasn't sure about your rear fender plans, thought you were going to try it fenderless. Didn't want to see the tire chew into your seat, so was gonna suggest maybe a temporary 2-3" skidplate fitted to bottom of seat, then check for skidmarks after test ride...

Let's see, in slow motion, when you hit a bump, the rear wheel will move up first, then it's force thru the shocksprings will move the frame up, the upward moving frame will compress the seat springs, the seat springs will apply upward force onto the seat and rider, the rider will bounce up, the upward moving rider will accelerate relative to the lower jawbone, allowing mouth to open, altering shape of giddy grin typical of XS riders, looking something like this: :yikes:

Wasn't sure about your rear fender plans, thought you were going to try it fenderless. Didn't want to see the tire chew into your seat, so was gonna suggest maybe a temporary 2-3" skidplate fitted to bottom of seat, then check for skidmarks after test ride...

hahaha! :laugh:

Here's the fender, ''engineering'' start at the end of post #55 of the 3rd page

K-k-k-k-k-k-kicks Ass!

Thanks bro! :thumbsup: What's up with you man? You must be near to get back to work on your build bro?

Unwraped everything! Now I'm heading to the most stressful step to me, I need to outline everything, damn that's make me nervous. I'll take a couple days honeymoon alone with my Kafka brush and my 1 shot pints to practice before pulling the trigger.

205_zps6ca0ceb5.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers Sneaky,

will look great with pin stripes, cann't wait to see your choice of color.

I'm riding my Cafe Racer as much as possible... the begining of the end of season is soon here... then its build time... and ride the russian side hack.

here is me and a buddy a few days ago...

blog_299710_2154385.png

Back