The BoB-A-SwinG build 1st XS attemp!

Option #2, as I planned it at first

143_zps6046771f.jpg

144_zps6bfc277d.jpg

I'll try something mounted to the left shock upper mount...

Handlebar are pretty much done, I just keep the final welds on the risers for a final fitment when I got a rolling bike... but this angle is so comfy!!

I made them with 1 1/8'' OD tubing and for 7/8'' grips. Also put the horn and flasher switch on it! Here's the pics:
IMG_0288_zpsd68e8c90.jpg
IMG_0289_zpsf1d012bc.jpg
IMG_0290_zpsd1410ccb.jpg
IMG_0287_zpsd85e4e38.jpg
IMG_0293_zps36bbacc3.jpg

Also put brass fittings on the fake tank for get wires into it

IMG_0294_zps1212528b.jpg

THAT BIKE LOOKS LIKE CRAP !!!!! Send me your address and I will come take it off your hands and put you out of YOUR MISERY !!!! :laugh:

Really enjoying seeing all your work and thought going on here. NOT a fan of the SQUARE fender on a ROUND tire, BUT you pulled it off, best looking square fender I have seen to date. Keep plugging away one step closer each day.

Just a thought on that rear caliper, with that bleed screw pointing down like that it will be difficult to bleed the air out as it rises, might have to remove turn upright insert a steel blank, bleed then remount it on the bike.

:thumbsup:

Thanks man! I knew for all the problems I would have by inverting the caliper, I always have the Omar's kit as #2 option if my redneck setup doesn't work at my taste!

I'm not equipped for powder coating, but I use the oven for cooking VHT paint and heating the shed when it's chilly !!:smoke:

Mocked up the exhaust... After some research here and there, here's what I come with... I used 2 different wall tubing... first, I cut 2 pieces of 12'' long 1.750 od x .095 wall, so i'll get the same length for the first section of my inner stepped exhaust... It's almost the same ID as a 1 5/8'' exhaust tubing, so if I overhaul the engine next winter, I'm not gonna be choked by the exhaust.
162_zpsdfb6e921.jpg

I've read somewhere that the best exhaust for a little overlap cam is to match the exhaust ports size... There is 2 steps in the XS head it fits perfectly the 1st, maybe a little bit of porting this winter...

161_zps1946c030.jpg

I made a little taper at the last ends and then start with 1,750 od x .065 wall... Had to go the pie cuts way since I don't have a bender... but it will be a good way to perfect my Tig technic!! :thumbsup: Anyway... they will be painted&wrapped!

163_zps33631b90.jpg

I need a better(sneaky) mounting point at the ends of both mufflers. Here's what I ended up with:

168_zpsb896e216.jpg

165_zps6dd496c7.jpg

167_zps6e4d6719.jpg

170_zps4f880fa9.jpg

Nice work dude! Those pipes look sick!

Thanks JD!! Got a little inspired by yours!! :wink2:

I made a quick touch-up after work tonight.. Put the left pipe (lower) a little bit higher, I think it's minimal, but wrap the engine a little more and also give me more ground clearance... everything is in the detail!

173_zpsc07a7783.jpg

I just ran across this build, comming along GREAT! 1 question though, what did you use to clean the outside of those carbs.

Thanks Smithers!! I've use mostly Soda blast... and dip them in hot water with vinegar, with my black&decker sander on the side of the tub to act like a no-ultrasonic-at-all part washer!! Work pretty good for cleaning the soda left inside!! I hear you :wtf:!!

Thanks guys!

Little update... had to rethink my fender mounts. Not enough clearance between the chain and the tab I've made. So here's the #2 try, still adjustable and rubber mounted...

175_zps389a7215.jpg

couple small things done too, muffler mounts, remote front MC and a bracket for the speedo. I'm pretty much done with the fab works, next will be a couple hours of welding to finish things and ready for sand blast and paint!!:bike:

176_zps11562a06.jpg

177_zps98689f2d.jpg

178_zpsd4f8c52e.jpg

Cheers SnK,
Summer is so short here I just don't want to spend it in the garage... my build will be picked up again come fall. I am having alot of fun riding my rat-CafeRace... 63 BSA lightning. Leather work has alsop been keeping me busy lately. I'll get an update going as soon as I get started again.

Lester

Damn I'm so busy, don't know if I'll be able to take it for a spin before snow shows up... still manage to sandblast and paint my frame past week... I used Dupli-Color Paint-Shop pints with a cheap mastercraft paint gun... it does the trick pretty well. I mixed 50/50 of gloss and matte clear for the top coat and it kinda look satined... I'm really happy how it turns out!

179_zps90f070cd.jpg

182_zps5575aeed.jpg

I started going threw the threads and was going to throw in that I cut my rotor down to Harley diameter.I used a Performance Machine 4 piston caliper and it works great.You can see how it looks in my albums.Your bike has to be at least one of the coolest brats I've ever seen.:bike:

I started going threw the threads and was going to throw in that I cut my rotor down to Harley diameter.I used a Performance Machine 4 piston caliper and it works great.You can see how it looks in my albums.Your bike has to be at least one of the coolest brats I've ever seen.:bike:

Thanks for those words bro! Always cool to get some motivation from others!! Your brake setup is freaking cool and your Camaro way more!! :thumbsup:

Here's some shots of the pegs I've work on while I'm making some insomnia.

184_zps7fe1d0db.jpg

185_zpsdfa12503.jpg

186_zps2092f613.jpg

187_zps83a0bfe4.jpg

Back