Thinking about buying a XS650B

xs650special

James
Reaction score
So I recently sold my '81 Special Heritage and now I'm thinking about getting a XS650B. From the little research that I've done, the differences from the 650B and the Specials is not huge except stuff like the later models have the TCI ignition and different tanks etc. I know that you can convert the earlier models to the TCI but I was wondering if anyone who has owned a 650B had any problems that are common to that series? The 650Bs seem to bring a little more money making a Special more attractive. My last Special had some work done by the PO that was not done really well so I'd be looking for one that was stock.

Uh, that's a weird thing to be hard to find. I was kinda curious if the 650Bs are lighter than the Specials. I've read some spec sheets that have been posted, the 650B is like 472 and the Special is like 490. I dunno if thats's dry weight or whatever. This is a bike that I'm thinking about. http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/3753835907.html
It's a Special but it is more what I'm looking to spend.

With a chane of handle bars, the special looks great and well worth the price. Just my opinion. I have two standards myself.

Back