Travis threatens to kick me off

xstwin

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I DONT WANT TO BE A MEMBER OF A SITE WHERE U CANT SPEAK YOUR MIND.IN AMERICA WE CALL IT FREEDOM OF SPEECH.I'M GONE!!!!:thumbsup: FOR THOSE THAT PM'D ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT THERE BIKES I SENT YOU A MESSAGE WITH MY EMAIL SO U CAN STILL REACH ME.

Sorry to hear that you are leaving but the rules here are pretty clear and the reason for those rules has also been made clear. Perhaps you should consider your actions and decide if the stand you are taking makes sense. I wish to the best either way.

ah! I only gave you a last warning before restrictions. Was only fair. Also it's a little one-sided when the masses don't see where I'm coming from, because they don't always see what's been "cleaned up".

Also, this has nothing to do with motorcycles so I'm moving it to The Lounge :D

I have no dog in this fight. But I, like you, tend to "stir" things up. But you have to remeber this is not America. It's a internet forum and somebody pays for the bandwith. So it's kind of there house. So we have to respect there rules. It's a very helpful house, Iam glad I found it.
We need to have a XS650 forum rally. Say, North Carolina!

""I be bad boy too"".......hang in there xstwin......we can always show them we are really good guys down deep inside......proud pillars of our community....loving all big and small......never a callous moment.....uplifted from darkness and shinning our white lights of freedom from the Great State of North Carolina...........

xsjohn

I don't know all of the details, but I can tell you from my experience as administrator of my own motorcycle site, it is not easy running one of these sites, it's sort of like walking a tight rope. I have rules on my site and I expect my members to abide by them . Proboards who gives me the site demands a "G" rating which means "no profanity, no nudity, and no flaming of other members. Any of my members who violate the rules gets deleted.

Having said that, I completely understand the member's position also, these forums are all about the members, without the members we have no forum. I was one of the original members of the "650 garage USA" and lost my good standing by voicing my opinion about chopping the XS650 into Bobbers, trackers and whatever. I insisted that the old XS650 should be held in it's original purest stock form. I spoke my mind which started a shit storm which caused me to leave the garage in haste. A move I have learned to regret because I left a lot of good XS650 friends behind. My point is that administration and members both have their opinions of how a forum should be run and there should be an effort on both sides to maintain a good site like this.

Take a look at my site and click on the rules and regulations, I don't give many warnings, I rule with a heavy hand. I administer the site under my screen name "xsyahamadg":

http://rideohiomc1.proboards82.com

Just my 2 cents worth

Let's just get over it all. The bottom line is that these bikes are unbelievably addicting and we don't want to be told how to build our bikes. Before you ask, no I don't own or ride a chopper, this is a post out of COMMON SENSE.

If you want to be a "waah baby" and throw a f**king hissy fit online (yes, internet tantrum) then do it and LEAVE. We don't need or want bad juju on this fine forum, set up by Travis.

Now, if you want to give constructive criticism, don't be an ass. People put their hearts and souls into their bikes, I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate anyone call your bike a POS.

You might also want to consider how you represent yourself online, your posts are a personification of yourself. If you need a 22 year old to tell you how to act, you might want to think about your own maturity. I'm probably not going to open this thread again, so no I'm not looking for an argument.

If you want to stay, then do it, I'm sure none of us really care. God I hate the internet.

Thank you reading and have a good weekend.

Last edited:
Well done Travis! We all know what happens on forums when no one is minding the shop. Look what happened over at 650rider with basically no rules and no enforcement. There are always a certain number of people who want to stir the pot and cause drama in order to upset others. With Travis having a firm grip on the rudder, this ship will have a good and long voyage.

dpmphoto............xstwin..............good luck in the future.

I can't speak for everybody but I think everything had been said about this post and the "When will the xs650 hardtail fad end" post. Is it possible to close them and move on to something else? It's getting very boring.

OK I am over it ! Thought this thread was going to gone for ever LOL... seen this same issue on a KLR Forum.... "some where sent to the penalty box, others got a game miss conduct"..(hockey talk) Now all is well.

Hey You Guy's!!!!!XSTwins, your alright, we just can't be berating people. I know that I poke some fun at peep's sometime's, but it's all meant as fun. Mostly I'm here to pick up tip's from the other member's & sometime's pass along info that I've gotten. WE do need Travis' to monitor & eliminate bullshit. Age has nothing to do with MY conduct on this site, (re: maturity) but usually before I go off on someone, I am lucky enough to know that it's not the 'right' thing to do. Sometime's I will write a whole damn page of what I am feeling about peep's and their mother's, but, end up eraseing it all, just because. I would hate to see ya go, as you have contributed good info, both here & at rider, photo, so,,,,

Twins are hot, I am liking your new avitar...Gordo

I DONT WANT TO BE A MEMBER OF A SITE WHERE U CANT SPEAK YOUR MIND.IN AMERICA WE CALL IT FREEDOM OF SPEECH.I'M GONE!!!!:thumbsup: FOR THOSE THAT PM'D ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT THERE BIKES I SENT YOU A MESSAGE WITH MY EMAIL SO U CAN STILL REACH ME.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Shows more immaturity, instead of taking a look at his own behavior, (calling it free speech:laugh:), and to actually post this when he is only asked to modify his behavior (a warning)??? Before getting any restrictions laid on him, "i'm a good guy and Travis is a shit". This is tying to enlist more division and get members to bicker and fight. I say good riddance to xstwins because he will not modify his behavior, His comments are personal and are designed to bring out the worst in others. i also say that is a shame, he had a lot to contribute so it is his choice to leave. His choice, to be civil and stay or cry like a baby and leave

Attention Travis:

Less is more when it comes to administration. You shouldn't cheer when users leave. Proboards sucks(no classifieds?!) and I see the same sort of power tripping here (ALL ADS MUST HAVE PRICES!!!!) Sure you've got a nice site here and I commend you for it, but anyone can host a forum. Many others have and many others will. I host several myself. I say just keep the spam in check and cash the check from google ads. Don't get sucked into the drama or try to post in every thread.

Anyway, that's my opinion. WILL I BE BANNED FOR IT? Who gives a shit? :shrug:

Attention Travis:

Less is more when it comes to administration. You shouldn't cheer when users leave. Proboards sucks(no classifieds?!) and I see the same sort of power tripping here (ALL ADS MUST HAVE PRICES!!!!) Sure you've got a nice site here and I commend you for it, but anyone can host a forum. Many others have and many others will. I host several myself. I say just keep the spam in check and cash the check from google ads. Don't get sucked into the drama or try to post in every thread.

Anyway, that's my opinion. WILL I BE BANNED FOR IT? Who gives a shit? :shrug:

GODDAMNIT I told myself not to come back into this thread, BUT,

Power tripping? I think you've been seriously misinformed. Chewing out Travis is unwarranted, he's been painfully polite about the whole thing.

2m64bow.jpg

lol Gordo, I knew you would.

Hey Twins, your making me dizzy with that puppy goin' round & round. So, how's the bike coming along? You almost ready? Hope to see 'er soon.:D:thumbsup:

Gordon, I think it's a cat......time for new glasses....) :wink2:

Twins, I agree. I think Travis has shown remarkable restraint. By the way, how bad was the static charge built up by that kitty rub? I have to try it if I can get my cat to cooperate....

Cutting belatedly to the chase: I try to approach a posting on any site as I would walking into someone's living-room and speaking with them. It's not a bar, it's not a stop-light at night, it's someone's paid-for space, and that means elementary polite standards should apply.

Do they? Obviously not. And when my kids were small and they threw a fit they ended up in their room, no dinner, no games. On places where I am a moderator, I apply the same standards, and it works. A couple of time-outs, and then bang. That's it. Travis, thank you for being an adult, standing a bit aside and letting us all get it out of our systems, and now hopefully those who want to be here will stay and that will be that.

(People sure get huge cyber-huevos, don't they?) :shrug:

Back