Virago Brake Pedal ?

davem222

davem222
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm trying to figure out how to get my rear brake up and running around the Mike's 2-1 and my custom set up. Anyone know if a virago brake pedal will fit on the pivot on our 650's? Just curious.

Dave

why did you choose a virago? is that just what you have and want it to work?
650 brake arms are easy to find. if it doesnt fit, cut and weld.if you can weld.
I had to cut and weld to get my pedal around my exhaust, and i had hugh's brake pivot mount. and Im still undecided on the type of muffs i want to use.

I picked the virago for 2 reasons: a) it looks like (judging from ebay photos) that it's longer than the stock 650 pedal and I need longer and b) that the ridged circle that bolts to the pivot is narrower. The problem I'm having now is clearance between the pivot mounting and the exhaust. The stock 650 pedal's pivot ring is too darn thick.

A small dent in the pipe will provide needed clearance without hurting the exhaust flow through the pipe. Most stock pipes use this method for clearance.
Leo

I had the same issue with my MIke's 2-1 kit. Ended up finding a pair of exhaust spacers and moving the collector back about 2" so it would all fit. If I had to do it again, I'd call Gordon Scott.

Is this what you're talking about?

Attachments

• brakearm_1.JPG
    brakearm_1.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 137
Back