What did you do today?

At work today.

Attachments

• shop bike.jpg
    shop bike.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 144
Tomorrow I'll be pulling the lower legs of the forks and change the seals I think. We'll see how that turns out :)

Loweredseat002.jpg

Threw the seat together. Used the old butchered up seat cover just to be finished for now...are we ever finished? though this is about the end of making it what I want it to look like. Might go back to the spokes.
11" shocks, lucas style taillight, early weighted bars, trimmed seat, 18/32 gearing, voltmeter, relocated key switch, 8-1 compression, 2 over bore, red rear turn lenses, shortened turn signal stems, early style replacement exhaust system, 36 mm xs750 forks, Standard tank, all on an '83 Special.

I blew in insulation in the attic and walls of my g/f's house. Thanks to my friends who helped. Now for some work on my new build. Working on getting it mocked up! I will post pics in the next few days!

Painted battery box. Started sanding ancient chopper gas tank. Discovered it had been gold at one time, besides a red layer and the current gnarly black.

Well started the 3 hour drive to see GGGARY at 10am... got about 50 miles out and roads were getting pretty bad. Stopped for lunch and found out the highway was closed 6 miles up the road. We had it all, rain, snow, sleet.... just no sun.. I guess we'll have to try again in a couple of weeks.... I just want to get the parts I need to finish moch up!!!!!! Oh well, all in all, it was nice to get out of the house and take a drive.. See you soon Gary!!!

yesterday, spent eight hours doing a rejet on a friends 1987 suzuki intruder 1400, tuned it in today, and that f'er flies now! Hit 100mph REAL QUICK!! Throttle, smooth as butter, torque monster.

Ordered new needle valves and seats to install with primitive tools 150 miles from home. Hope they get here quick!

Ahhh ...... another "quality" MikesXS product I see, lol.

Travis, yep I own a yarn shop. 12 yrs Marine Corps, now I own a yarn shop with my wife. Only yarn shop in the world where you will see bikes out front, bait and tackle shop next door, and some guy reading a carb guide inside. I live in a predominantly retiree area.

Today I helped a friend pull off his caliper to inspect a squeeking, grinding noise. This is what I found:

Attachments

• pad1.jpg
    pad1.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 127
  • pad2.jpg
    pad2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 125
Back