What going on with the US economy..??

People can't agree on things. That's all..

If people want to talk about this, keep the partisan politics out of it.

As a people we want everything NOW.
We think the day we will have to pay for it all will never come.
We elect politicians who pander to our beliefs.

I will honor the rules and not mention partisan politics. But know this "Hotdog's question cannot be answered or discussed without partisan politics. Sorry Hotdog.

Purplezinger, I think you are right.

Hotdog, are you more interested in what all the arguing is about or what a shutdown will mean?

Little OT, but I just saw Purplezinger's post count was at 69. Thanks. Until now, I had not have beer shoot out of my nostrils for over a decade.

Brinksmanship, what's a few less gummerment employees for a while? The mail will get delivered. Troops will continue to fight on across the globe. Politicians will continue to blame and lie.

If you get the chance get the DVD "Who killed the electric Car" A real eye opener on how we and the Government were suckered by the big companies, and then government helped them, the big companies, to break Government policy. Would be funny if it wasn't so sad

No, I do care...honest.
ostrich_head_sand2.jpg

I'm just looking for my contact...

If you get the chance get the DVD "Who killed the electric Car" A real eye opener on how we and the Government were suckered by the big companies, and then government helped them, the big companies, to break Government policy. Would be funny if it wasn't so sad

I agree ...

You guys make me laugh. Partisan Politics? :laugh: ... That's a distraction. Designed to make you think you have a choice. The lobby industry is there for the bottom line. Red or Blue, you as the taxpayer get royally fucked in the ass. This budget crap is just a show, partly to prevent current payment of tax refunds. That would bankrupt the USSA.

• *DJ Obama Admin Says IRS Would Shut Down If Budget Not Passed
  • *DJ Obama Admin Says National Parks, Smithsonian Would Close
  • *DJ Obama Admin: Cherry Blossom Festival Wouldn't Happen If Budget Not Passed
  • *DJ Obama Admin: Roughly 800,000 Govt Employees Would Be Affected By Shutdown
  • *DJ Obama Admin: EPA Permitting Would Stop If Budget Not Passed
  • *DJ Obama Admin: Social Security Beneficiaries Would Continue To Receive Payments
  • *DJ Obama Admin: Electronic Tax Collections Would Continue
  • *DJ Obama Admin: Military, Law Enforcement Will Continue To Function
  • *DJ Obama Admin: Military Personnel Would Earn Paychecks, But Not Receive Them Immediately
  • *DJ Obama Admin: White House Staffing Would Be Lower During Shutdown
  • *ZH: POMO will continue come rain or snow: Russell 36,000 will not be denied, US bankruptcy notwithstanding
Interesting that the IRS is incorporated in Puerto Rico...:shrug:

Vote for CHANGE...no gubbmint...Belgium has survived the last 10 months without one

As someone who worked closely with these politicians on capitol hill as a staff manager for 2 Senators, I can tell you this much. The whole thing is too far gone. The ties to money run far too deep. Bottom line, no country in the history of known civilization has had 100% debt to GDP and survived.
Sorry to be gloomy.

Still, be wary. If you were to take at face value such documents as the now famous MIAC Report, the Virginia Fusion Center Report, the DHS' "see something, say something"campaign, the Enemy Belligerents Act, the post trial statements of the Department Of Justice in the Liberty Dollar case, or the wild spewing rhetoric of establishment mouthpiece organizations like the SPLC, then you would discover that a likely terrorist is: Anyone who talks frequently about the Constitution, or ill of the government
Anyone who supports the idea of a Constitutional Militia
Anyone who fights against anti-gun legislation, or owns many guns (man do we LOVE guns)
Anyone who supports state sovereignty and 10th Amendment issues
Anyone who supports Ron Paul (the ultimate sin according to the SPLC)
Anyone who believes the private Federal Reserve is destroying our economy
Anyone who talks about the "New World Order", or global government (does this include men like George Soros, Joseph Biden, Gordon Brown, Henry Kissinger, George Bush, Bill Clinton, Strobe Talbot, George McGovern, Mikhail Gorbachev, Richard Nixon, etc.?)
Anyone who discusses economic collapse as a reality in the U.S.
Anyone who speaks out against the IRS
Anyone who participates in "Hacktivism"(including those who leak documents embarrassing to government)
Anyone who participates in any form of activist group
Anyone who argues that the Left/Right political paradigm is a scam
Anyone who promotes Anarchist views
Anyone who distrusts FEMA (as if Katrina did not give us ample reasons)
Anyone who believes a truly independent investigation of 9/11 is rational and called for
Anyone who home schools their children
Anyone who flies a Gadsden Flag
Anyone who stores survival goods and food
Anyone who uses shortwave radios or HAMs
Anyone who watches movies like 'Freedom to Fascism', with anti-Fed messages
Anyone who operates private barter and trade networks
Anyone who stores gold and silver or uses them as an alternative to the dollar
Basically, ANYONE who dissents through independent political organization or protests through non-participation in the corrupt system might as well be Al Qaeda...
http://www.constitution.org/abus/le/miac-strategic-report.pdf
http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/gc_1156877184684.shtm
http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/releases/pr_1278023105905.shtm
http://www.cdt.org/blogs/harley-gei...-continue-confuse-political-dissent-terrorism
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_liberty_dollars_raid

What the shutdown will mean...sounds pretty bad..

It happens just about every couple of years, and the individual states do it too. Nothing essential would be shut down. A lot of things that should be shut down still aren't in fact....

Someone said about it that our govt was explicitly designed to work ineffectively, because of the original abuse and distrust of governing power which led to our independence in the first place :) So when you see us looking like idiots - often that is what's happening. Other countries tend to think of unity as strength, while we tend to think differently about it.

Back