What going on with the US economy..??

"Will spend borrowed Chinese money to stay elected" is probably too long to put on a sign.

We would go to war and force them to sell it to us. Oops we do that now. We would switch to CNG for the short run. It would sure speed up electric vehicle introductions.
I have near endless supplies of firewood so for me;
http://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2010/01/wood-gas-cars.html

I too, have a huge amount of wood available. Mine is already shredded and I've considered wood gas to heat and power my home.

We don't have many alternatives, our elected officials and leadership should be addressing these things now, not waiting for it to happen. But the subject gets little more than lip service.
I would hate to lose my beloved petroleum powered vehicles.

Yes there was, get the video, "Who killed the Electric Car"

I feel the same way about loosing the combustion engine, but it is that thinking that holds us back and gives the polies an excuse to fight change. Scarred to loose their job for the good of us all.........mmmm wonder why they are there in the first place

Yes there was, get the video, "Who killed the Electric Car"

I feel the same way about loosing the combustion engine, but it is that thinking that holds us back and gives the polies an excuse to fight change. Scarred to loose their job for the good of us all.........mmmm wonder why they are there in the first place

I think Okie is right, meaning that we, the people, don't have many alternatives-- the alternatives were stolen from us.

Here's a tip: If you do this experiment, pay very close attention to the temp gauge in your car.

My 91 Tercel used to get 35-38 MPG on the highway until I covered all the grill openings with duct tape. Now, with my redneck looking NASCAR taped grill, I get 50 MPG highway. On warm days, if I notice the gauge creeping up, I tear off tape until it quits going up. Then on cooler days I put more tape back on.

Lately, it's been in the low 80s 'round here and all that is open is a 6" x 10" spot in the center of the lower grill. The upper grill is 100% taped up.

Doesn't seem to make much difference in city driving but going from 35 to 50 on the highway is a far bigger jump than I expected.

Have you seen the commercials about the new Fords with shutters? Tractor-trailers had shutters until about 30 years ago.

Like I said, watch the temp gauge.

That's Brown's gas isn't it? Old. Have you seen the idea of the hydrogen generator bleeding separated water into the engine's intake? That little bit of H and O gas is supposed to help combustion with a dramatic increase in gas mileage.

I use distilled water injected under boost into the intake of my roots supercharged car engine as an anti detonate. I designed and made my own cheap system back in the 90's.

Tom Graham

Who has heard of the EV1...............................1 Gallon of gas makes 19lb of carbon dioxide.

Confused. How can one gallon of gasoline, (roughly 7 pounds), make 19 pounds of carbon dioxide? Oh, and Browns gas is a farce. There is no free energy. None. It takes energy to make energy.

Back