What oldskool air filters are out there ?

johnpagn

Working on it every day
Reaction score
I'v been looking online for some kind of oldschool air filters rather then having the same old cones everyone runs for my xs650.
I did see some triumph style ones I like, but what else is out there ?

Heres some pics I found.
I also dig the velocity stacks withe the mesh dome but theres alot of sand around here .

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 72
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 207
look at gordonscott's bike. He's running them I believe. He can jump in and tell you more about it if he sees this but I think hes using those louvred bonnet air cleaners with a rubber reducer.

Make or buy an oblong box that holds some standard auto air filter and mount it to both carbs. A little creativity with the air opening could make it rain resistant even. For old school I think you could do a lot worse than parts and concepts that look like they were adapted from a '57 Chevy...

www.vintagespeed.com

I have the old school mushroom / no louvers similar to G Scotts bike that where I got the idea.

intakes_0011.jpg

I think they cost me about $40 off ebay

I got the ones just like GordonScotts with the louvers. Had to mill around down at Ace Hardware for about 30 minutes to find the rubber plumbing fixtures to make them adapt to the carbs but they fit like a glove. I put them on the cafe bike I am completing. I emailed Gordonscott to find out how he adapted them and he told me about the fittings and where to find them. The rubber part is labeled(PIPECONX by uniseal PCX 56-22) they are about 4 inches long and hose clamped right on to my stock 38's. The air cleaners are made for the old 3 duece set ups like late 60's GTO's. I made my own battery box which is back further then stock so I don't know if there is enough room to clear the battery box on a stock bike. I doubt it. Looked great on his chopper.

Jefft
Jefft

Back