Wideband o2 Tuning

fancyketchup

Condiment Enthusiast
Reaction score
While being an avid xs650'er im also pretty big into my turbo subarus. I have a wideband o2 setup that I use for tuning. I was wondering if anyone on here has used a wideband setup on their xs to set up carbs? I was thinking I could weld o2 bungs on my exhaust and then plug them once Im done. Any thoughts?

I figure that I wont be able to get it perfect like with EFI, but I would be able to get a tune that is pretty damn close. My wideband is an LC-1 and it unfortunately does not have a data logger built in. So I would either need to monitor a gauge while riding on an open road(lots round here), or buy a data logger.

You could go that route but its still not going to be any better than using a standart 02 sensor and reader setup. You'd need a fuel management system like the Power Commander v or something to optimize it by RPM and even then you'd still need to find a compatible ECU. I've used the PCV and autotune system on my raider (even wrote a how to for using it) to make fuel management maps. Fun to play with.

Thinking tuning and wonder if anyone has tried a wideband sensor? Innovate seems to be the market leader. Dual channel about 380 but the bosch sensors are about $55 and output a 0-5 ? volt signal. shouldn't be TOO hard to output to a G4 phone or laptop?

Just take the bike to a shop that has a proper dyno. They just stick a sniffer in the end, and it gives you all the readouts you need to choose the correct jetting.

Not really useful having a wideband on a non-forced induction motor. There is really little chance of catastrophically detonating your motor. It would be useful for tuning tho, but all dynos have the sniffer as part of their setup.

Back