Wife would kill me but.....

WW - are you going to ride the Hondamatic to the SE-MI / SW-ON meet-up:
  • DATE: Sat July 15
  • TIME: 11:00 AM
  • LOC: Vinsetta Garage Restaurant
27799 Woodward Ave.
Berkeley, Michigan

As you may know, XS650s are preferred, but ALL bikes are welcome!

Oh, dear me, was that a hijack?

So sorry! :D

Pete

Scott, I'm pretty sure it is the original seat pan. The tool box compartment and document holder are both built in and it looks like the original. There is a label underneath with the info written on it but it's faded and I can't read it but it looks right. I do kinda like the wheels and yea I know what you're saying about the side covers. the "Hondamatic" label is different from the standard 750 logo.

Hey Pete,. No I doubt I plan on being there but not on the Honda. I'll be riding the official bike of the site. My XS.

Wingedwheel, I just bounced over some parts fiches for that bike. Yeah, a lot of shared parts with the 750F and 750K. You can trust those Honda parts fiches, not like ..........How about that fuel gauge and fuel level sender in the tank? Save that fuel level sender, that's pretty cool. That sender probably has similar parts to the Volkswagen Beetles, just like the first GoldWings. I always thought that Honda had a few Beetles sitting around when they were working on the first GoldWing, I believe when it came time for the fuel sender they just went out and grabbed one off a Beetle.

Scott

Last edited:
Thanks Scott, I pulled the tank today, wondered what the wire plugs went to and TADA, here's my answer. I also pulled the spark plugs(that was actually a chore) and sprayed engine fogger into the cylinders to give the rings a little lube. I also registered on another site run by Travis, CB750.com. If the guys on there are as cool and knowledgeable as the guys on this site I'm sure I'll get plenty of info before I'm done.

Interesting story, I mentioned to the lady I bought it from that I had talked to a buddy of mine named Phil who ran a very successful cycle shop mostly specializing in Honda's and he gave me the thumbs up. She immediately asked me if I could get him on the phone and said she would be right back. he didn't answer because he spends most of his time riding now, but she came back out of the house and showed me the following pic.
Cricketdrag.JPG
"This was my husband" she said. Small world..... I texted the pic to Phil and he called me back and asked me where the heck did I get that pic of Cricket. Small world...That pic was from the late 70's when her hub ran drag bikes and was sponsored by, you guessed it. Look at the front wheel. I thought that was pretty cool.

Back