Wife would kill me but.....

So what does a pare of STD. piston and rings set you back now days for the xs650 ?
..... can't be as much as $2000 bucks ggggary ! geez even if you bot a complete gasket set along with the piston and rings !
I'm guessing $350 in parts and she'ed be runnin' that still makes the bike $1150.00 which is a bargin !
.... am I way off or what ??????
.....edit : Ahh tires ! i forgot the tires ....
Bob........

Thanks 2M !
GOOD LORD !!!!! you guys spend more on bike parts than I make on SSI in a year !....ROUTINELY !!!!
ok I have a Great running 82' SX650 heritage special who will give me $3000.00 for it ? No paperwork ! My brother in law took the paperwork to the grave it seams ! But i WILL GIVE A BILL OF SALE !!!!! You can fight the DMV ! LOL
I need a dirt bike ! forget this expensive stuff !
Bob.........

Yeah baby - as C.D. Howe once said, "a million here, a million there, and pretty soon, you're talkin' real money!"

Gary and 2M. Thanks for all the info which reinforces why I walked. Unless it's a machine that will actually be worth what I put into it I have to get it at my price. I spent about $2200 building my Bobber and went that route because the original bike was to a point where restoring it would have cost way more than that. Yes I love motorcycles but I love my wife too. Funny how things you love are EXPENSIVE! lol

Well, I admit ..if I won the Lotto I'ed buy up at least a dozen bikes again I liked having a Choice on which to take out for a ride !
so I have always had the bug/disease what ever you want to call it. HEHHEHEHHE
seriously ? no takers on my bike for $3000.00 ? 7k miles is all only 2 owners and its stock ! hehehehe and don't worry I didn't Jerry rig anything .... ( i know that's what your thinking ! ) HAHAHAHAH! Ok...PM me with your best offer !
...... if you got $5000 to throw away on an old beater this thing is a bargin for ya ! just get the liscnses and ride !
.......:laughing:
Bob.........
:laughing:

Not an XS but I'm gonna check this out tomorrow.
68CL.jpg

My dad brought home a CB350 when I was about ten. He put it in the walkout basement and gave me a can of black paint, sandpaper and chrome polish. I fixed all of the uglies and used the owners manual and tool kit to do every adjustment and repair needed. My dad would get on it and ride with complete confidence in the work that I had done. I was a big kid and passed for an adult with a helmet on, riding on the road. We got a CL350 soon after that.

Scott

I had a CB350 with a front drum brake. One of the few really good drum brakes I've had on a bike. I would wind that motor up and at 5k it would really come on cam! Not a freeway bike. Good city bike. Fun bike.

Nothing wrong with an old Honda scrambler! Back in the early '70's my best friend in high school rode a CL350 from Phoenix Arizona to Bozeman Montana and back one summer. And then ran the wheels off of it for years afterward. I still look at Craigslist for old Honda CL450's.

Edit: At the same time my friend had his CL350, I had a Yamaha RD350. Being little hooligans we would have midnight races to the Phoenix Airport just to get a Coke! It didn't really matter who won.

I hope you get the bike.

Last edited:
Tho owner bought a house and the bike was in a shed in the back. Only issue I have is that he has no title so we're back to what I feel comfortable paying for it. I'll know more once I see if the engine is froze up and or gears work, mice chewed the wiring ect. I've heard the title process can be a PITA but again, for the right price I'm willing to give it a shot.

If nothing else, you could clean up the parts and sell them off to Honda aficionados and recover your investment.

No worries, he sold it today before I could get over there....welllllll I guess I gotta keep looking. I'm sure he sold it to someone that wants to part it out. Seems to be a popular thread so I may as well keep it going.

Scott
He wanted $350. I would have had to see how bad it was before paying that just because of the title issue.

Back