Feedback for working class choppers

TeeCat

One-Mik Wonder
Reaction score
Working Class Choppers: Unsuccessful Transaction Pending Resolution

On 2 June 2011, I was notified (via PayPal correspondence) by Steve of Working Class Choppers that one (1) oil temperature gauge that I had purchased from him had been shipped. I received an accompanying Label Number from USPS, notifying me that the correspondence was merely an intent to ship (on the part of the seller), and not an indication of USPS' receipt of the item. According to USPS, the item was to be shipped First Class with "Delivery Confirmation" service, which does not provide for tracking, nor does it afford me, the buyer, the option of making an inquiry in the event of a problem. Only the seller/shipper retains that option.

As of today, 13 June, I have not received the item, which was paid for up front and in full.

Late on the afternoon of Friday, 10 June, I informed Steve (via e-mail) that the item had not yet been received (USPS recommends allowing five (5) days for First Class parcels). That evening, he indicated his intent to inquire of USPS the following morning (Saturday).

Edit:

13 June, afternoon - I finally heard from WCC indicating that, for reasons unknown, USPS apparently never scanned the parcel upon receipt, and has no idea as to its whereabouts. WCC has no more of the item in stock at present, and will process a full refund. If the item arrives at my door, I will retain it and contact WCC to arrange payment.

Edit:

14 June/morning - I received a PayPal notification that the full purchase price, including shipping, has been refunded. Confirmation in my account should follow.

Edit:

Well, I think we're almost there. This from Steve on 14 June:

as it turns out when my guy took the packages for the post office
he did not mail them
instead he gave them to his wife
she dropped them at the post on saturday the 11th
i just checked your tracking number and it now says it has been recieved
sorry man
this was a real cluster f*(k
not only you but about 10 other packages that people have been waiting for
please let me know when it arrives and we can arrange payment

Oops! This is Seinfeld stuff! So, maybe I'll have my part today, and Steve will get his dough. Fingers crossed.

TC

Just gotta say I have ordered a lot from him and he is a stand up Guy. Glad everything got sorted out.

Back