Wanted - XS 650 Project

Britman

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I would like to have one more project to work on during what seems the longest month of Winter, February. I just finished a nightmare renew of a Honda CB500T. I am sticking with either vintage Yamaha or Triumph from now on (Honda's are officially off the table). I still have a little hidden mad money and need just a touch more wrench therapy to get me through the non-riding weather. I would like to find an XS, bobber or stock forum, within a days drive or so of the Eastern Virginia, priced reasonably. I would prefer a pre electronic ignition bike but it is certainly not a deal breaker. The bike must have a clear title, good motor, and preferably be running. or at least be able to bring it back to life without going into the internals. I don't care about rust or lack of beauty, just good bones to start with. Thanks all........

George

This was the child of Satan I spoke of.......
DSC03357.JPG

Any chance youre still looking for a project bike? I’m located just outside NYC, got a 75 cafe Im looking to sell. I have an ad pisted in the classifieds here with a full descrption and pics.

Gotta ask why the Honda was so bad? Always liked the "hair pin" 450 motors. Had several of them back in the day, all ran like swiss watches..

Gotta ask why the Honda was so bad? Always liked the "hair pin" 450 motors. Had several of them back in the day, all ran like swiss watches..

I have owned and restored several 450's in the past also and would love to find a decent CL to bring back. ( I don't what it is, but damn I like a high pipe bike.) This little "John Deer" look alike however was a different story. It had been sitting in the woods for years, every internal in the bar switches and other dark crevices was packed with spiders who apparently thrived on rust. The initial wiring was done by a blind drunk mechanic, and last but not least, both cylinders had low compression. I usually always take my compression tester, but this time I went by foot kick judgement and my leg is apparently ageing quicker than the rest of me. I sold it as is to guy who was going to do a complete motor rebuild anyway, and made a little profit which is more than I usually do......

Back