XS Crankcase Breather hose

DylanXS

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I wanted to post to get some feedback in regards to the crankcase breather hose.

I am having a hard time finding space to run this behind my carbs, and I am now running the hose in front of the carbs and not able to get the split hoses back into my stock air box. Does anyone have a clean solution?

You might want to purchase some new hose from Mike's. It's nice and soft so is much easier to work with. It is also an exact size match to the original (I.D. and O.D.) so all the protection springs, fittings, and retainer clips can be re-used. This is one of the good things they sell.

Hi Dylan,
how clean do you want it?
Trash that EPA-mandated recirculating breather and install an automotive one-way valve.

So I had some extra hose that I cut to replace the (2) split hoses in the bottom, and bent, and ran over to attach to my stock air box, but there are kinks in the hoses. Doesn't seem to work out all that well.. I just was wondering if I could remove the hoses going back into the airbox?

Hi Fred, If I install the one-way valve at the end of the air breather hose - is it o.k. not to connect back into my air boxes?

I personally would not install a one way valve,i did on mine and had oil leaks especially the seals behind the cam covers on each side,changed seals twice and couldent figure it out then a friend suggested that I pull the one way cheak valves on the breathers and test .No more leaks,they stopped completely.I keep my oil level at 1/2 way also as ive heard that filling to the top off fill line can cause leaks also but that wasent the case here.I ended up drilling out the cheakvalves and reattached them so the moisture or oil vapour just drips on top off my pod filters.No problems after 600 miles now.Yamaha never used a cheak valve initially they just vented the lines in front off the air filters I believe.

Back