XS1 and XS2-TX650 motor mounts??

halfmile

XS Builder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have the dimensions of the two different mounts. I know the 70-71 front mount is longer than the XS2-TX650 but I need some measurements to figure out which ones I have. Thanks.

I'll check when I get home.
On a mission.
KIMG3420~2.JPG

a 72 73 set dimensioned, the 71 set is currently in hiding but move the bolt forward 6mm on the same line with the top frame bolt and you'll have it.
Measurements +- .2mm
Note the top and left lines do NOT form a 90 degree angle, meh, a few degrees less? set it up by triangulation.

1680737973120.jpeg

front mount b.jpg

front mount a.jpg

72 mount held up to a 70 bike
KIMG3427.JPG

Last edited:
"The durable design of the K&L MC200 Elite is built for any size shop"
This is an earlier, simpler "not elite" model but looks to be operational. With lots of spacers and cones. :thumbsup:
will do a thread later.
hope to find a manual for it, The Elite is quite a bit different.

Thanks Gary. The mounts I have are like the 72-73 you have pictured. Same dimensions. I notice the top mount is shorter than the top mount for a Special. Are the rear mounts for the 72-73 the same as a XS1?

Thanks Gary. The mounts I have are like the 72-73 you have pictured. Same dimensions. I notice the top mount is shorter than the top mount for a Special. Are the rear mounts for the 72-73 the same as a XS1?
Think so? I'll try to look see tomorrow.

I did check today, the rear mounts stay the same. 70-73

Back