XS1 Throttle Cables

BlackRabbit18

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I bought new throttle cables for my xs1 and when installed and adjusted for as much slack at the carbs as possible the cables will not let the carbs go to the resting point. (Cable is too short).

Anyone have any luck with better cables? They literally all look identical, I got mine from Yamahaxs650.com

It's kinda futzy but the sheath can be trimmed back. An abrasive cut off blade in a dremel a good tool to do it. Usually the ferrule can be worked off then pushed back onto the shortened sheath.
Might suggest experimenting on an old cable. Biggest trick is not nicking the inner cable.

Have you compared one of the new cables to an old one, and is it actually shorter?

It's kinda futzy but the sheath can be trimmed back. An abrasive cut off blade in a dremel a good tool to do it. Usually the ferrule can be worked off then pushed back onto the shortened sheath.
Might suggest experimenting on an old cable. Biggest trick is not nicking the inner cable.
Exactly. Not hard to do.

ahh took me a sec i see what you mean

Back