xs650 Front hubs...Interchangeable??

2wheels624

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Alright guys have a question, i am about to put a 4 over 35mm front end on my 1975 xs. question is will the 75 front hub work on the 77 and later 35mm lower tubes? Also will the brake caliper/rotor align correctly from a 77 and later on this hub as well? any feedback would be great before i start tearing into things, Thanks!

Yes, all will swap, and you must swap all. The early disc won't align with the later caliper and the early caliper won't fit the mounts on the later fork leg. The later disc will fit right on your '75 wheel.

73 to 84 hubs interchange, 72's are odd one year only, the earlier hubs (73-76?) have steel inserts to accept the rotor bolts and are overall built a bit heaver. The later model hubs have the threads directly into the aluminum casting. I have yet to see or hear of an issue with those later hubs so no worry. Yes rotors 73-76 with aluminum carrier, compared to 77-84 one piece, have different offsets.

Yes, all will swap, and you must swap all. The early disc won't align with the later caliper and the early caliper won't fit the mounts on the later fork leg. The later disc will fit right on your '75 wheel.
Thats kind of what i figured thanks a lot for the info i really appreciate it!

Back