Yamaha 650 Society, Ozarks Rally Coming soon!

That's a lot of riding, especially trying not to crash into somebody beside you the whole time. I'd probably have ridden the first day and found somebody to play cards with the second...

Indeed Gary - and we were not babying those bikes. They were being ridden fairly hard most of the time.

....and not to be snotty, but I wonder if that number of 40+ year old HDs, Bimmers or TriNortBSAs ridden by a bunch of 20-somethings could have done as well.

Tee hee.

Indeed Gary - and we were not babying those bikes. They were being ridden fairly hard most of the time.

....and not to be snotty, but I wonder if that number of 40+ year old HDs, Bimmers or TriNortBSAs ridden by a bunch of 20-somethings could have done as well.

Tee hee.
Dunno that does sound pretty snotty!

Hey all - Lakeview and I just pulled into Windsor and unloaded Lucille after a pleasant but uneventful drive from Mountain View AR (except for the idiotically bad detour signs for the endless I-75 construction in downtown Toledo OH).
:wtf:

Once again, thanks so much to John Chaves for the superb job organizing the 2019 XS650 Society Ozark Rally!

Pete​

Folks, don't get the wrong idea from xjwmx. We don't ride side by side, follow closely, race each other, or ride full of alcohol at Yamaha 650 Society rallies. Of course he wouldn't know that, since he's never attended one of our events and doesn't know any of us face-to-face; but he still feels qualified to make snide comments. Really, the adolescent put-down "humor" gets old.

Thanks again to John and everyone for a great time!

Last edited:
That's a lot of riding, especially trying not to crash into somebody beside you the whole time. I'd probably have ridden the first day and found somebody to play cards with the second...

If you want to do that, you'd be well advised to bring along another card player as the rest of us will all be out riding.

Folks, don't get the wrong idea from xjwmx. We don't ride side by side, follow closely, race each other, or ride full of alcohol at Yamaha 650 Society rallies. Of course he wouldn't know that, since he's never attended one of our events and doesn't know any of us face-to-face; but he still feels qualified to make snide comments. Really, the adolescent put-down "humor" gets old.

Thanks again to John and everyone for a great time!
You certainly make people want to attend sometimes!

xjwmx, you didn't imply that we rode dangerously, you outright stated it, and that certainly wouldn't make folks want to attend if they thought you knew what you were writing about. This is the second time you've trolled a 650 Society rally thread with snarky, juvenile comments. Believe me, I'm not at all interested in making you want to attend.

Hey all - Lakeview and I just pulled into Windsor and unloaded Lucille after a pleasant but uneventful drive from Mountain View AR (except for the idiotically bad detour signs for the endless I-75 construction in downtown Toledo OH).
:wtf:

Once again, thanks so much to John Chaves for the superb job organizing the 2019 XS650 Society Ozark Rally!

Pete​
Glad you had safe travel back home. It was a great pleasure to meet you and Lakeview this year, and really enjoyed riding with you gentlemen! I'm already looking forward to next year, and hope you fellows can make it again. I'll second the thanks to John Chaves for organizing the rally and planning some really great routes to ride! As for the other society members in attendance - well, you couldn't ask for a better group of individuals to meet up with and share the rides.

Cheers!

RHKansas

xjwmx, you didn't imply that we rode dangerously, you outright stated it, and that certainly wouldn't make folks want to attend if they thought you knew what you were writing about. This is the second time you've trolled a 650 Society rally thread with snarky, juvenile comments. Believe me, I'm not at all interested in making you want to attend.
Grizz, just for the heck of it, I didn't imply anything, and what you choose to think of as "snarky, juvenile comments" are my way of having fun with you guys in absentia. I see it as none of your business. And I will remain in absentia when an event involves you, for the good of us both :D I'm not alone.

I thought you ARE there?

I WAS there xjwmx....whatever. I don't understand your comment :shrug: <sigh>

Anyhow, I was telling 2M that everyone who was there would have been happy if he and other folks had been able to attend as well.

It was an excellent event with terrific (and safe) riding and everyone had a ball and for the record - joking about riding in an unsafe manner is simply not funny. I suspect that nearly everyone who rides has either had an incident themselves or had a friend who has been injured or killed.

I like a joke as much as the next guy (and perhaps more than many), but joking about safety isn't on.

You didn't imply anything? "That's a lot of riding, especially trying not to crash into somebody beside you the whole time." You asserted that that behavior occurs. Not everybody here happens to know that you don't know the group or its riding habits. Keeping things straight on that score is very much my business, and denying your own assertions is typical troll behavior.

I WAS there xjwmx....whatever. I don't understand your comment :shrug: <sigh>

I like a joke as much as the next guy (and perhaps more than many), but joking about safety isn't on.
See how the below implies you aren't there :) Yet I'd seen you packing to go. As for safety, there's a traditional, officially recommended in fact, way of riding in groups, staggered but fairly close together. That's what I call somebody beside you. It takes extra concentration. Anybody who pretends to think anything else about what I said just wants to fight.

Looks like the weather is perfect for this rendezvous.
Wish I was there...

So do we all Steve and many others too.
Pete

I thought you ARE there?

Back