The 2024 Dick Russell Memorial Ozarks Rally Mountain View AR May 8th- 12th

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Q: What are the dates for the 2024 Ozark event.. ? Thank you :)

A: The 2024 Dick Russell Memorial Ozarks Rally is confirmed for May 8-12
There was some confusion May 8th to the the 12th Wednesday through Saturday night are the dates..
You may wish to stay Saturday night and leave Sunday AM it's pretty traditional, IE reserve through the 12th :rock:

@ Ozark Folk Center State Park

Book your rooms by calling 1-870-269-3851 & choose #2 to get a “real person”. Mention the rally!
Group # 725148
There are 2 rooms per bungalow and the Park has reserved a set of bungalows for us. Members are responsible for their own travel arrangements.

Last edited by a moderator:
@desmoman900
I think getting a weekend set is a February thing? sump'n like that.
Dick Russell Mike.jpg

The 2024 Dick Russell Memorial Ozarks Rally is confirmed for May 8-11 or with Saturday night the 12th..... :rock:

@ Ozark Folk Center State Park

Book your rooms by calling 1-870-269-3851 & choose #2 to get a “real person”. Mention the rally!
Group # 725148
There are 2 rooms per bungalow and the Park has reserved a set of bungalows for us. Members are responsible for their own travel arrangements.

Last edited:
Anyone who has not been to the Ozark with the XS650 group, The Dick Russel Memorial Ozarks Rally is a great time. These cabins a comfortable, spacious and very affordable. They are set in a State Park at the edge of the city of Mountain View AR.
20220505_103501[1].jpg
A centrally located shed has a large area for parking motorcycles, has vending, air and water and a good supply of rags if you need to do a wipe down.
20220507_091740[1].jpg
Best of all is the riding. This is the 1 highway sign you see all the time and the roads are in very good condition.
20220507_100058[1].jpg
The 2023 Page.
https://www.xs650.com/threads/2023-...hosted-by-the-yamaha-650-society.63539/page-8

Last edited:
Looks like that would be a good time!
https://www.xs650.com/threads/may-5th-–-8th-2022-ozarks-rally-vi-mountain-view-arkansas.61362/
@jetmechmarty covers the activity in the 2022 Rally intro.
It is good to see a bunch of nicely turned out XS650s and a bunch of knowledgable owners who have really made me feel welcome. The pace is as fast or slow as you want it and the Rally leader plans new and fun routes each year. My recollection is we run approximately 100-120 miles in the morning to a lunch/gas stop. (No we don't eat at the gas station). Then a different return route back to our cabins in the State Park. The rooms have microwaves, coffee makers and refridgerator freezers and nice little private patios.
Sometimes a few of the group will choose different dining options. It is really just alot of fun if you enjoy XS650s in their ideal element of meandering mountain roads.

The thing that might be an obstacle for me is the timing of the event. That date is right after we move into the new house and I'm not sure if I'll be settled in enough by then to get to go. I'm not ruling it out though for sure!

The thing that might be an obstacle for me is the timing of the event. That date is right after we move into the new house and I'm not sure if I'll be settled in enough by then to get to go. I'm not ruling it out though for sure!
Delay the closing....

Or...

Honey I will just be in the way for the next week while you are organizing...

Barring any unforeseen catastrophic event, I plan to be there. This year will be the Special 2's turn at the Ozarks - the black Special will get a turn at the Smokies this fall. That's the plan, anyway. I'm looking forward to meeting up with you folks again for another great time!
20230809_143123.jpg

Barring any unforeseen catastrophic event, I plan to be there. This year will be the Special 2's turn at the Ozarks - the black Special will get a turn at the Smokies this fall. That's the plan, anyway. I'm looking forward to meeting up with you folks again for another great time!View attachment 259209
Are you going to get it dirty?? 😱

Back