you know what peeses me off.....

mrkil

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
buying brand new parts to avoid hassles when it's time to fire up the new build only to find that one of them aint workin :banghead:

Yeah this is gonna be another brand new pamco with no spark thread.

Fresh Battery
12.5 volts
+ straight to coil and off to pamco red wire
- to frame and then to black wire
green wire to coil

tried the grounded plug with the locating pin removed to spin the magnets and I get nothing.

I'll be running a multi-meter on it tonight :(

I'm almost tempted to chuck the points setup back in since I know it works........

Points are basically indestructable while a transistor can pop fast. The great thing about a transistor isn't reliability (aren't you glad this happened at home!) but the ability to handle low ohm coils for more spark energy.

The reason these transistors blow out so much is not having the wires on the plugs before the battery is hooked back up. Trying to start without the plug wires in place, pop. Even turning the key to OFF position fires the Pamco and if a plug wire is off the plug, pop. Then there is always the owner who trys a dead cylinder balance by pulling a plug wire, pop. I'm sure the instructions cover this but maybe not strong enough.

Of course there is a slim chance it isn't wired up properly. ;^)

Tom

I made sure to absolutely never spin the engine without both plugs hooked up and in the engine.

I have asked Pete about wiring it up this way and he said it is fine. I hate electrical issues.

I'm not saying the product is bad just frustrated to be close and yet so far.

Back