If a new company broke into the market?

Drop seat version

RIMG1926.jpg

I didn't know Tigman had motor mounts like that. Now there is an item that looks like it wouldn't have been too hard to mass produce yet looks very nice and would probably sell well. I like those tuck and roll seats and we need one like that upholstered and ready to bolt up. It seems as long as this bike has been around there would be more bolt on options like these long ago. There are for instance few café seats out there specifically made for the XS. I want a rolling chassis from a dependable builder that can deliver. Until I see one I have confidence in I'm not parting with the dough.
jefft

Ok guys I got my 74 tore down today and ready to take into my shop tomorrow. Ill get the frame jig put together in the next few days and then get going on the frame soon after.

Seems about time someone started selling 21" front wheel kits with correct spokes and rims for stock hubs. Also seems about time for a 19" kit for the rear with the correct spojes and rims for stock drum hubs... bet these would be sell very well if they were more affordable than the alternatives.

I second the 21" front kits and 19" rear kits !! This is the way I'm going with my build..

Hey guys while I wait for my hardware for my frame jig to come in let me look into making a fixture to build a nice clean front mount a long the lines of that one you guys posted. Looks like a pretty simple piece to make. If I could have a few made in the next week or so would anyone be interested in one?

Hey guys while I wait for my hardware for my frame jig to come in let me look into making a fixture to build a nice clean front mount a long the lines of that one you guys posted. Looks like a pretty simple piece to make. If I could have a few made in the next week or so would anyone be interested in one?

Yes, I might even buy two if they are nice looking and nice to my wallet!

Posted via Mobile

Last edited:
Ok I will get started on a fixture to build these. Would you guys be interested in just the mount or would you be interested in the mount with a plate on the front with XS laser cut into it.

Little update. I just put in the PO for the tubing and should have the fixture done for these tonight and ready to roll in the next few days. Ill post up pictures as soon as I get the first one done.

Folding forwards, mids and rear sets would be awesome. They would sell over here big time i reckon as all our peds no matter where there positioned have to fold over here...

Which sux because most of the good looking peg setup don't fold which of cause makes them illegal over here...

Hey guys little update. I got the tubing ordered to start on the front motor mount. I got the design done on the mount and the side plates are ready to hit the laser. Heres a picture of it from my cad program.

image001_zps9458bda0.jpg

Ill get the fixture designed and hopefully built tomorrow then Ill be ready to start welding a few of these up as soon as my material comes in.

Any and all feedback is welcome.

Looks good :thumbsup: Tig or Mig? Can't wait to see how they turnout. I might be interested since tigman is taking forever.

Hey guys little update. I got the tubing ordered to start on the front motor mount. I got the design done on the mount and the side plates are ready to hit the laser. Heres a picture of it from my cad program.

image001_zps9458bda0.jpg

Ill get the fixture designed and hopefully built tomorrow then Ill be ready to start welding a few of these up as soon as my material comes in.

Any and all feedback is welcome.

Ok guys little update. I got my fixture built for the front motor mounts and tubing should be in Tuesday so I am still hoping to have a few of these made up next week. So I will have pictures as soon as I get the first one out of the fixture. These will be TIG welded right from day one. I was going to MIG the first few but have decided against that. I will get a picture up as soon as I pull the first one and get a price together as well. Then if anyone is interested I will get you the info to start placing orders.

Ok guys little update. I got my fixture built for the front motor mounts and tubing should be in Tuesday so I am still hoping to have a few of these made up next week. So I will have pictures as soon as I get the first one out of the fixture. These will be TIG welded right from day one. I was going to MIG the first few but have decided against that. I will get a picture up as soon as I pull the first one and get a price together as well. Then if anyone is interested I will get you the info to start placing orders.

Nice! Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Back