If a new company broke into the market?

Anything bigger then a 200 on a 650 just looks crap... The rest of the bike is to narrow for such a stupidly big rear tire... This may be just me though as I don't like big rearends on anything including bikes !! LoL...

lol I need to tell my boss that I need to be back in the shop building this stuff all day instead of doing regular company design work during the day then working on this stuff after hours. See what he says. I will do my best to get some of these made this coming week. I forgot this was going to be a short week with the 4th being Thursday.

Ok guys here is the first motor mount. I dont like the way it looks in the frame. Size of tubing is to small so I will be ordering different material today and it should be in some time next week. Like I said from the start I wont put out a product that doesn't look good or isn't of the highest quality. I will have to tweak a few more things once the material comes in and build a new fixture to the new sizes. Just wanted to keep you all in the loop.

photo_zpsd237f517.jpg

photo1_zps91209d69.jpg

I put in the PO for the new tubing along with the tubing to start the frame. I would guess with the holiday I should have the new stuff here by the end of next week. Sorry for the delay on getting up and running but I would rather take the time now then put out something I'm unhappy with.

What do you guys think about this design? I kinda like it. Now instead of the washer being welded on we are looking an milling the plate down from 3/8 to the 1/4 with a machined 1/16th lip to replace the washer. Should be even cleaner looking when plated of powder coated.

image001_zpsa414883e.jpg

image002_zpsf7742924.jpg

I like the idea of having the washer machined into it as long that would increase the cost significantly. However, I am not a fan of the added material around where the tubes pass through. One of the reasons I am interested in changing the mount is to keep the weight down and the look simplistic. Just my opinion...

That's what I'm saying about some of these vendors. Let the cream rise to the top. That's the way the company that signs my check looks at it.
jefft

As for the complete looped design vs the other design they can both be done very easy with a small change in the program so I would actually be able to offer a few different designs if people wanted. I like being able to change just a few little drawing details and totally change the whole look of the part. Since C 2 C on all the holes have to stay the same really the only thing changing is the shape of the side plates and those designs are really limitless.

Sorry everyone. I have moved departments at work to help fix that department. During that time I haven't been able to even look at the bike or motor mount. I will be getting back at the mount and bike hard tail in the next 2 weeks. There has been a ton of changes going on and with Ford motor company launching a few new lines I have been swamped building proto type containers for them. I have 2 different designs for the front motor mount and I also have the tubing for the motor mount so I just need to get the time to get a few of these welded up and then figure out a price on these things. Im going to push for the 60-70 price range on these but since I am not the owner of the company I cant say for sure on the price until I have a few to sell. I will let him know what I fell the market price should be for them tho.

Back