Mikey's new to him 1980 650

When replacing the fuel lines I had the tops off and the diaphragms looked good
Looks like the caps are off
View attachment 197308
have you removed the idle screws, checked all the parts are in place?
View attachment 197310

Pulled float bowls insured these orifices are clear?
View attachment 197314
removed pilots made sure THOSE orifices are clear? Rubber caps still cover the pilot wells?
I take it it's time to pull the carbs off to start digging
I'm going to push the bike to the back of the shop and start digging in

The gggGary;) needle jet washer mod
needle washer mod (3).jpg needle washer mod (5).jpg

Mikey. In the pix of the "Electric choke" it looks like your carb mount is cracked. Are they in good shape?

Mikey. In the pix of the "Electric choke" it looks like your carb mount is cracked. Are they in good shape?
I gotta go out there and check a lot closer than I have been

...fold up in use like a K-Mart tent in a wind storm.
I'm looking to up grade. What's you using please?

...Bikes get you to where your going? Uh-huh. My luck don't work like that. Filters is kinda like spurs! Guy says, how come you always wear yore spurs. Says I, kinda like rubbers, better to have em' and not need em' than need em' and not have em'. Kinda like filters, gas, oil, internet, coffee... :rolleyes:

They have (I know there not alignment marks) but there's like casting
IMG_20210829_144647107_BURST010.jpg
lines on them

It's Sunday traffic shouldn't be too bad :D
Yeah, and Super Bowl Sunday too. People trying to get to the beer store and back before the commercial is over. Dangerous!

Oh, Ok. I was asking because mine were shot. I also put some new ones on the Honda and they were cracked in 3 months!

View attachment 197304 I didn't connect up the vacuum line to the carb
Edit : to the petcock not the carb
There seems to be a little more fuel in the filter
When the bike is on choke it idles nicely at about 1400 if I try and slowly give it a little throttle the rpm's go down till until it dies
I think that filter is on backwards.

Lets move the carb jetting issues that I was asking about here where I can't loose them
I didn't think I needed those brass plugs other than keep crud out
When I look at these parts fische it's hard to tell whats what
I got to stare at it again to find the orings for the idle screws
IMG_20210830_160610156.jpg
b34 carb.png
here so I can keep track of them

When I look at these parts fische it's hard to tell whats what
I got to stare at it again to find the orings for the idle screws
Partzilla sells mix screw sets... the screw, spring, washer and O-ring. Here. At 8 bucks a set, it's a no brainer to me.... replace all of it. I even keep a spare set on hand now jus' 'cause I can. :smoke:

PXL_20210830_215646951.jpg

Partzilla sells mix screw sets... the screw, spring, washer and O-ring. Here. At 8 bucks a set, it's a no brainer to me.... replace all of it. I even keep a spare set on hand now jus' 'cause I can. :smoke:

View attachment 197370
Yeah I'm going to order 2 sets
I have a bunch of pill bottles that I use to store and identify parts for later

4 sets coming this way and I also needed the left front foot peg so what the hell
As always Thanks !!
Mikey
I swear I could have stared at that parts diagram for hours and not figured out parts #s
I needed
I have a local Yamaha dealer under 2 miles from me and they have found parts that didn't seem available except at some lonesome dealer (like 1 available)
But if the parts seem a little spendy I'll use their parts # to search the web and keep em honest
I've given them a few bucks so they don't mind especially during retired guys shopping hours

Last edited:
Back