Another FB too good to be true

halfmile

XS Builder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...place_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks
1646095786333.png

This has to be a scam. I`d drive to Milwaukee WI to get this and I don`t even need a trailer.:yikes:

Unfortunately, facebook has become the new wild west for scammers. Your trailer was already taken down Phil.
Not to worry, here.... a Goldwing trike for only $1400 in Memphis. Not to worry Texans... you can also buy it down there. :cautious:

4k for a '64 Gallaxy GT. Holy crap!!! I'ma gas up the truck and hit the road... :sneaky:

Untitled.png

Unfortunately, facebook has become the new wild west for scammers. Your trailer was already taken down Phil.
Not to worry, here.... a Goldwing trike for only $1400 in Memphis. Not to worry Texans... you can also buy it down there. :cautious:

4k for a '64 Gallaxy GT. Holy crap!!! I'ma gas up the truck and hit the road... :sneaky:

View attachment 208795
Facebook is becoming less and less valuable and more and more a problem.

how do they make a buck
Ask you send them money and then The'll send you the vehicle

Phil's mention of "Vanessa" above alluded to an interaction I had with a scammer. The short and sweet is the bike is held in a "trust." You buy gift cards for $1400 (in the case of the Goldwing) and email the gift card numbers to the trust. The trust then "holds" the numbers from the seller until you receive the bike and are satisfied. You then notify the trust and they release the numbers to the seller who then cashes them. Sounds all above board don't it?
It's not. The trust is a scam website set up by the seller. In my case, it was a fake Ebay site that looked amazingly legit. As soon as you email the numbers.... you're fucked. It's all untraceable after that.
No tellin' how many millions they rake in every year.

Before I retired our assets manager got an email from the boss(supposedly) asking him to purchase $5000 in Amazon gift cards. It didn’t immediately raise a red flag because they were always buying bulk gift cards for incentives and appreciation. The email asked for the #’s to be sent in a return email upon purchase. You can guess what happened after that and he no longer works there.

Back